Monday, April 09, 2007

Breakfast and other miscellaneous ramblings...

Woke up this morning (a first for me this weekend but that's another story) feeling refreshed and determined to enjoy today in its entirety! Jumped out of bed around 10.30am, had a shower and dressed myself. I really felt like some breakfast - unusual for me as I'm not really a brekkie kinda guy. And more specifically, felt like a ham and cheese croissant with an espresso. Not that difficult. Popped up to Crows Nest - the closest cafe area to me - to my fave cafe Crowzone. It was closed! Doh! So I wandered up Willoughby Rd trying to find 1. a cafe that was open and 2. one that served ham and cheese croissants. Not a difficult task in my mind, but apparently rather too tricky for the cafes that were open! I could get buckwheat pancakes or fennel and corn frittatas, but not a simple ham and cheese croissant! What the...?

So, drove to Artarmon, Chatswood and back to Wollstonecraft and still no luck! I ended up going to the supermarket to purchase the individual components and they didn't have any croissants so I ended up buying a loaf of bread instead. Came home and made myself ham and cheese melts and ate them, reading the paper and drinking an espresso. This all took around about 90 mins to do (from the initial leaving home to sitting down to eat), so it actually became LUNCH! Crazy! Anyway, that's my rant for the day.

Saturday night - yes, the trashy night did indeed happen! Met my friends Baz and Waz at 8.30pm at the Columbian - pretty quiet. Had a couple of G&T's there and a good chat. Left around 10pm and Baz went home - poor boy has been down with the flu and only dragged himself out of bed because he'd promised me the trashy night. So Waz and I were left, so Waz decided to take me to the Stonewall. I have heard that the Stonewall was a bit of a twink pub/club and it was true! Lots of younger guys, and a few older ones (not sure which I fit into, definitely not the "younger guys" but also don't feel like an "older guy" either)...lots of eye candy that's for sure! We had a couple of drinks and enjoyed the scenery, but then Waz decided it was time for me to meet some of the cute guys I was admiring! I'm not very good at just walking up to a strange guy and starting a conversation (nothwithstanding my adventures in Berlin and Prague) and was reluctant to do so on Saturday night. So Waz just walked up to to this reaaly good looking guy and introduced himself, introduced me and then turned away! And so I was left talking to this guy...actually a very friendly guy, from the country (Wagga Wagga), in for the long weekend with his friends. They had spent all day at the races and had ended up at Stonewall - unfortunately he was straight (which just added to the appeal) which gives rise the question as to what he was doing in a gay pub - I didn't have the wits about me to question that! We chatted for about 20 mins and then he left with his friends. Waz left shortly thereafter, but not before introducing himself and me to another guy who was standing next to me at the bar. 26 yrs old, lives just around the corner from me, works at my favourite store (David Jones') and his name is the same as mine! He's only been in Sydney for about a month and so didn't know many people. And cute as!!! So we chatted for about an hour before he too, decided to leave. By that stage, I was feeling a bit more confident and so started chatting to another guy; his friends met him later on and so chatted to them as well. The place was cranking by this stage and eventually, one of his friends said he was leaving, and asked me to leave with him! Not being the sort to say no to a good looking guy, I accepted his invitation. And so, found myself at 4 in the morning, going for it with this rather gorgeous English guy at his place in Alexandria. Ahhh, yes, the slutty stage did emerge again! Well and truly! But hey, it was a long weekend!

Last night, my friends James and Jacqui took me out for a quiet chardy and dinner at one of our local pubs, the Commodore. A most pleasant and chilled out way to spend an evening. I couldn't have handled anything too hardcore anyway, so this suited me to a T!

So the weekend has been almost exactly what I expected, in fact better in some ways! The PSB's were sensational, the Trashy Night was, well, trashy...but FUN! I can see the appeal that the Oxford St strip has to many guys, but I still don't think it's my scene. I'm too much of a dinner partying, cafe latte sipping and chardonnay swilling North Shore type to get into the club scene in any major way. Once in a while (very long while) it's fine and fun but that's it.

I certainly hope everyone else had themselves a grand ol' time over the long weekend! Look forward to reading all the reports over the course of the next few days!

6 comments:

Single Guy said...

Happy easter and early birthday!! You go boy.....I'm never confident to speak with strangers..specially at Stonewall. And you are definately on the young side!

Englishman in London said...

Great BIG Happy Birthday coming at the partying twink!
HUGS, thats if the mouth is not too painful!

Monty said...

Thanks guys! An hour to go before the evil DENTIST so not feeling so happy at the moment! ;-) Love ya both!

Muzbot said...

lol - I love reading your blog Monty... You seem to be really enjoying yourself. Glad you had a great weekend. I had a good one too, but i think in the most opposite way. I spent it mostly by myself out and about in the bush walking and taking happy snaps. Although, I must admit, I love a trashy night every now and then too. :)

IAN said...

this morning i had a ham and cheese croissant and a cafe latte and a read of the newspaper!

Monty said...

Well Muz, let me know next time you feel like a trashy night out and I'll join ya! Hopefully, you'll have the staying power unlike my slack friends Baz and Waz! ;-) Look forward to seeing your happy snaps too!

Ian, bastard! Hope you enjoyed them nonetheless! :-)

Labels