Thursday, April 19, 2007

My New Dating Paradigm...

OK, I've been rabbiting on about my New Dating Paradigm over the last couple of weeks and as everyone is aware, I've not been so successful in sticking to it.

We'll all recall the fact that the Sydney CityRail network was having problems having their trains run on time. Rather than actually trying to make the trains run on time, they simply amended their definition of what "on time" meant! And it worked! The trains are now running "on time" 92% of the time or whatever! So, in the spirit of CityRail, I'm making a slight amendment to my New Dating Paradigm. So here it is...

The original NDP was to date ONE newbie per week instead of the scattergun approach of booking multiple new dates each week. To date, I've been an abject failure! So, now, instead of a hard and fast rule of ONE newbie per week, it shall simply be my goal to date only one newbie per week. That way, if I do end up with two or even three newbies in a week, I'll be simply exceeding my goal, rather than failing the NDP.

I must say however, that I have succeeded in slowing down the dating merry-go-round and so the NDP is achieving its purpose. I'm having more 2nd, 3rd, 4th dates etc which is much more fun! And I'm getting to know these guys better and becoming friends with them. Life is so much less stressful and I'm definitely not feeling as fatigued as I was when on the merry-go-round. Yay!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Have you though about entering politics - you would be great at shirking away from your promises!

Monty said...

What a great idea for a new career path! Except for the fact that politics bores the pants off me! ha ha!

Labels