Friday, February 23, 2007

Sleep deprived...

I'm a little peeved at the moment.

Last night, had a great night - dinner at my friends James and Jacqui's place...delicious porterhouse steak and salad. The steak was magnificent...truly delightful - James cooked it to perfection. And I brought one of my 3 remaining bottles of Bin 2000 '02 Shiraz which is just really starting to taste sensational - worked perfectly with the steak. We then proceeded to consume another 3 bottles (yes, 4 bottles between 3 of us humans) of sundry reds over the course of the night. Staggered home (thankfully, they live around the corner) and hit the sack around 2am. (stick with this, I am getting to the point)

Woke up this morning, remarkably not suffering any ill effects. I was just deadly tired. And so I have dragged myself to work, my mind not fully functioning, desperate just to sleep!

And what have I encountered? Firstly, my boss didn't turn up until 10.30am, so I could've had at least an extra hour of sleep without any consequences. Secondly, our main client management system hasn't been working for the past 90 minutes and so, I have been here at work, tired out of my brain, AND ACCOMPLISHING BUGGER ALL!!! If I was actually able to work, at least the dragging of my poor tired body out of bed and into work would feel worthwhile!

Tonight, I'm going to go home, make some dinner, and watch a DVD. AND go to bed EARLY! Blissssssss!

8 comments:

Kerri said...

Awww its lack of sleep for all in Sydney! Hope you have a good Friday night relaxing :)

Single Guy said...

Wow..what are you going to see tonight???

I can recommend Angels in America if you have six hours to kill.

Monty said...

Kerri...thanks! I will. You too!

NSSG...dunno - will pop down to the video store and see. I don't have 6 hrs to kill, but will keep your recommendation in mind.

Campbell said...

Hope it was a good DVD and a good sleep. I often find that I'm worse the day after a good night's sleep. Hope this wasn't the case for you and your Friday was manageable at work.

Tales of the City said...

Monty - I know what you mean.. I have been suffering sleep depravation all week.. ever since Chinese New Year... and tomorrow I am off to Paris .. wait for it 6.30am Eurostar. No sleep then.

Englishman in London said...

Poor you Monty,

However what else would a lush expect? I thought you could handle your reds!

Shame on you, and by the way, please tell me you are not managing my account!

Englishman in London said...

Sorry to hear about your red fatigue - thought you could handle 'em!

Monty said...

EA - I can handle my reds...just can't control myself when drinking them! Silly me! ;-)

Labels