Saturday, April 28, 2007

Expanding my horizons...

It's a cold drizzly day here in Sydney...perfect for staying in and snuggling. But, I'm not going to do that! Too much wishing for a snuggler and not enough going out and getting him!

I'm feeling rather pleased with things at the moment...so far this week, I'm on track to achieve my New Dating Paradigm goal of one newbie for the week. Did that on Wed arvo - met a lovely guy for hot chocolate in Paddington and then we went for a walk through Centennial Gardens. Met him via Gaydar as per usual. Well, as per usual up until now...

I've started expanding my horizons and it's pretty good. I'm starting to meet guys through media other than Gaydar. Mind you, Gaydar still has its place and I'm not about to cancel my profile just yet! But, as I mentioned in a previous blog, I met fellow blogger Tom about 10 days ago and I'm meeting up with another blogger (or two) tomorow. I met up with Muzbot on Thursday night for a drink after work and ended up staying and drinking more, having dinner and chatting to him until about 11pm - it was an excellent evening!

I think the thing with the bloggers I have met/am about to meet is that I've read about them already and am liking what I'm reading, so there's a reasonable chance that I'll like them in person. A Gaydar profile is somewhat limited and can be very subjective (to put it politely). I am finding that Blogs tend to be a more honest representation of the individual. So bring on the next Blogger's Meet (NSSG - this is a HINT).

Tonight, I'm going to a friend's flat-warming party which will be filled with gay men (ahhh, nothing quite like a buffet) all drinking and partying! Yee haa! So, another opportunity to expand my horizons in directions unexplored! Wahoooooo...!

4 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

enjoy meeting your fellow bloggers! Was Muzbot as cute as he looks in his pics?

Monty said...

Oh yes DG...I'm met up with Muz a few times now...and he's every bit as cute in the flesh! He's a bit of a fan of yours too DG! As am I... ;-)

Volacious said...

LOL... meeting bloggers is always fun, because there's no need for small talk... you know it already :-) Lots of material to talk about!

Gus

Darth Gateau said...

gadzooks! Major blush!

But you're both so far away....

Labels