Sunday, April 15, 2007

tut tut tut...

I'm hopeless! I was very proud of myself as I had only organized the one Newbie this week (the Teacher on Friday night) and so I was really really looking forward to this date. Friday night was a pleasant night - the guy is lovely, interesting, pretty damn sexy and a good conversationalist! We had dinner in Surry Hills and then walked to the Hopetoun Hotel as there were some live bands that he wanted to see.

We had shared a bottle of wine at dinner...not a problem. But once we got to the pub, he bought a round, I bought a round, he bought a round...you get my drift! You're standing there for a couple of hours listening to bands with widely differing abilities and slowly getting quite pissed without actually realizing it! NOT a good thing to do on a first date!

I ended up completely hammered, but thankfully he was reasonably tanked as well. But I think I made a complete arse of myself (as you do when inebriated). He put me on the train back home which was very kind of him and went home himself.

I woke up Saturday morning with a HUGE hangover and the vague realization of how huge an arse I had made of myself...rang him and apologised, but thankfully, he was feeling the same way so we've decided we'll forget about Friday night - it's now a clean slate! Phew!

So that was my one newbie for the week...or so I thought! Had a great night on Sat night, had a friend over for dinner (the 3am guy from Mardi Gras) and then we saw "Sunshine" at the movies! Great movie actually...a little bit 2001 - A Space Odessy, mixed with a bit of Alienesque tension and some great FX! We both thoroughly enjoyed it so that was good. A great night all round.

This morning, dragged my sorry arse out of bed and logged on to check messages. Up pops a message on MSN from a guy I've been chatting to on GD for a couple of weeks...we chat and he ends up asking me out for lunch today in Manly! Well, him being a bit of a hottie, me having the day clear and it being such a magnificent day outside, I thought, well, why not! So much for the new dating paradigm! I'm so hopeless sometimes! BUT still, I console myself with the thought that it wasn't something instigated by me! He did the inviting! I had full intentions of sticking with the one newbie per week thing! So it's all his fault really! lol It was a great date actually, perfect day to be lunching in Manly overlooking the harbour, pleasant (and very hot) company and a couple of beers.

So, feel free to tut tut tut me! I've put myself in this position by trumpeting my new dating paradigm and so far, I've been useless at sticking to it! I'm such a hypocrite! lol

3 comments:

Englishman in London said...

You make me laugh so much - I love the weekly resolutions!!! At this rate you will be making daily lifestyle resolutions!

Love the use of 'newbie' too!

Hugs

Muzbot said...

How do you do it? :)

Monty said...

It's a hard job Muz, but someone has to do it! Helps that I do enjoy meeting people and finding out their stories! :-)

Labels