Sunday, April 22, 2007

Pink Shirts update...

Despite the lack lustre showing in the general population, it's heartening to see the reaction to Pink Shirt Thursday in the blogosphere! It may be starting small, but I am sure we can prevail.

I was excited that the Cute Gay Work Guy that I work with wore one on Thursday. And on Friday night, I had The Californian over for dinner and I mentioned it to him, and so he's going to start wearing one on Thursdays now too! I've also persuaded my friend James to do it too, though he's worried that people will assume he's gay (which he is so not). And I received a message from another blogger Craig who I've only started reading and he's going to give it a go too! Yay!

The comments (and pictures - particularly Muzbot and CuteCTGuy) that I've received have certainly shown that there is lots of interest in keeping this up, which is great! It's lots of fun! What I'm worried (and excited) about is how Muzbot is going to up the ante with his next pink shirt picture! Can't wait for this Thursday, let me say! he he he!

On a different topic, I was talking to my good friend EIB this evening and we chatted briefly about my New Dating Paradigm. I'm quite excited because I actually achieved my goal this week - IE one newbie for the week! Yay for me! I must confess, I've done some creative accounting to achieve this result because I did actually meet two newbies this week HOWEVER one of them was fellow blogger Tom, and so this doesn't officially count as a Gaydar date, but rather as a blogger's meet! And so I've only met one Gaydar newbie this week so all is good.

I'm really enjoying things at the moment - this weekend was the perfect example of how good the NDP is...as mentioned above, I had The Californian over for dinner on Friday night - this is probably the 6th or 7th time (not counting Mardi Gras where we didn't actually do much talking - just snogging) and so it was just so relaxing. We watched a DVD after dinner and snuggled a bit which was lovely.

Saturday night, my friends James and Jacqui took me out to The Basement for dinner and a jazz show with Australian jazz legend James Morrison. I left there around 11.30pm and grabbed a cab to Oxford St and met up with my friend Evan (the 3.30am guy from Mardi Gras). Us two Oxford St scene novices decided that we needed to get onto the scene and try and pick up and so thought that Saturday night would be a good opportunity. So, we trawled the gay bars/pubs on Oxford St, saw some "interesting" sights, we even checked out an adult book shop! OMG, that was an eye-opener! Some of the dildos and butt plugs were, well, MASSIVE! The mind boggles! Needless to say, neither of us picked up, but to be honest, for me it was a matter of me enjoying Evan's company so much that the idea of a quick shag with some anonymous guy didn't seem so appealing. The pleasures of friendship seemed more important and so we had a great night, ending up in Kings Cross at an all night cafe, 3:30am drinking hot chocolate. (hmmm, what is it with us and 3.30am chats?) Another excellent night! And another reason why my Consolidation phase is working out a treat for me!

4 comments:

Single Guy said...

busy weekend. Thanks for the catch up...this pink shirt thing...it's a movement!

Campbell said...

It sounds like you're weekend was a great one Monty. Do I make the assumption here that you cook? If so, you're sounding like more of a catch with every read!
I'll have to think about this Pink Shirt thing. I'm not sure it's really my colour, but I guess you can get all shades of pink, so I might have to see what's out there and give it a try.

Monty said...

Campbell, I do cook...love doing it, but only when I'm cooking for someone else. Cooking for myself is boring. Oh, and I am a catch! Spread the word, I'm a FANTASTIC catch! lol

You have to do the Pink shirt thing...it's great! ;-)

Campbell said...

Well Monty, anytime you're looking for someone to cook - you are more than welcome to come my way! Granted it is a bit far - but for such a FANTASTIC catch, I may just come to you if there's a meal on the table!

Labels