Saturday, October 28, 2006

Bohemian Rhapsody...

Well, it's been a while...but that's the challenge of travel...getting online long enough to submit a blog.

My continual development as a gay man continued in Prague...first impressions, horrible city. That lasted for a night...the first night. The second night, armed with my new found confidence from my Berlin experience, I rocked up to a bar/cafe that had been recommended by a friend. Dead quiet, it was about 8.30 at night. In one corner, a nice looking guy was nursing a drink. In another booth, a girl and two guys talking. Cluster of 3 guys talking to the bartender at one end of the bar. Otherwise, empty! GREAT!

"I'm here, so I may as well buy a beer and make the best of it". Beer purchased, perched myself on a stool facing the nice guy in the corner. Brief eye contact, nothing significant (I've learned that eye contact seems to be important when picking up a strange guy in a bar). hmmmm. Beer no. 1 gone, purchased beer no. 2. Another guy walked in, bought a beer and sat down at the next table. OK looking, and looking at me...significantly. hmmmm. What do you do, go with what seems to be a sure thing? Or wait for something else? Being just a little fussy, I went with waiting! I keep attempting to make eye contact with the first guy in the corner, a bit more successfully, but not enough to be sure! "OK", I think, "I'll buy another beer (no. 3) and instead of sitting on my stool, I'll sit down near him and attempt a hello or something". Good plan! Buy beer no. 3 and...sit back down in my stool! doh! Couldn't bring myself to do it! So much for new found confidence! The guy has finished his drink, collects his jacket and gets up! "FUCK!" The only nice looking guy here and he's leaving! My heart sank! As he walks past me, he pauses, and says "Thought I'd ditch the shyness and say hello to you. I hope you speak English!" Wahoooo! I invited him to sit down and we started chatting...his name is Mike, from Oregon in the USA. Getting into a conversation with him, I'm thinking things are going swimmingly! Then, another guy comes to the table and says "I heard you guys speaking English, mind if I join you?"...'Bugger off' is my first thought, but of course, we acceed to his request. He's from Sydney, Owen, and wanting to know if we've been to any of the clubs yet...he's heard about some but not sure etc, and he's by himself so he's a bit nervous. Neither of us had, me only having arrived the day before and Mike only having flown in that day! More desultory conversation, mostly from Owen. By this time, my hand is on Mike's leg and he's not objecting...in fact, he's caressing my hand! Bingo! Now, to get rid of the annoying Owen!

Thankfully, he goes to the men's room, and Mike says "I would love to see Charles Bridge at night, wanna come?" 'You betcha baby!!!' I think to myself, and agree very calmly, nonchalently even! Owen comes back, and I think by this stage, he's getting the vibes from us that he was the third wheel...so he says he's going to check out the clubs and he's off! Wahooo!

Mike and I did actually stroll along Charles Bridge, lovely at night, but still full of tourists and street vendors. Nice stroll however. We walk back, in the direction of Mike's hotel, he invites me up. And it's on for young and old! Sexy man, incredibly well hung! And a tongue that goes everywhere! I stayed the night, needless to say, and we didn't sleep that much!

Woke up in the morning and he invited me to stay for the next couple of days with him in the hotel...he'd won this holiday for two and of course, there's only him on the holiday, but with accommodation for two. I had to check out of my hotel that day anyway, and so I moved in. Can't believe that I had met him the previous night and already agreeing to move in with him...that's the speed of gay relationships isn't it!!!

We spent three wonderful days in Prague, exploring the city together, trying out the food, going to classical concerts and having some incredible sex! The last night, we had a bath together where I fucked him for the first time. We dried off and went to bed where I fucked him for the second time! Neither of us wanted the night to end, as he was leaving for Switzerland the following day. So we stayed up talking all night (well, almost all the night, I did fuck him a third time which kinda halted the conversation temporarily), eventually falling asleep about 6am.

It was a wonderful time in Prague, spent with a lovely, funny and very chatty American...the nicest American I know! It was really hard to say goodbye, I was quite attached to him. He was loathe to go too! But we both had our holidays planned and booked and so onward we must go. Next stop for me was Budapest, via Bratislava.

What did I learn from this episode?
1. That there are nice Americans, who aren't necessarily loud and obnoxious!
2. That I can rim a guy
3. I'm not too bad at fucking guys
4. That I am finding that I am becoming emotionally involved with these guys very quickly and very deeply! This was alarming for me, who was kept his emotions under very strict control, particularly over the past 7 years or so since I've known definitely that I was gay. Suddenly, now that I've acknowledged my sexual preference, I'm letting my emotions flow freely and it's a bit scary!
5. That Dating Guy once again proves himself an invaluable support for this seemingly emotionally all-over-the-place blogger! DG is truly an amazing man, finding time and energy to deal with my issues whilst dealing with some of his own...and coming out on top! Legend!

2 comments:

Single Guy said...

Yes. DG can give us all advice. He's an amazing guy...the most grown up gay man I've ever met.

Monty said...

Thanks NSSG, I suppose you of all people can understand what an incredible guy he is...a genuine friend! You are a very fortunate person!

Labels