Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm loving this at the moment...

I've borrowed this Title off Muzbot as it perfectly sums up my day today...

All those Sydneysiders who read this blog will understand what I am talking about as today has just got to be one of the most ideal of days...it's around 25 degrees C, sun-drenched and a flawless blue sky! There's nary a breeze to be had, which admittedly means it's a touch hazy, but otherwise PERFECT weather! This is why I love Sydney in April!

I wandered down to my local park with a book (The Kings and Queens of England) and my camera and read up on the Tudors for an hour in the sun. 'twas tres magnifique! There were some couples sunning themselves and indulging in some PDA's, some parents with their kids playing on the swings and the odd single like myself who was just enjoying the day! But it's such a large park that it feels like you have lots of space to yourself.

I then walked home via my favourite street which really hits its straps twice a year - in Autumn and Spring. In spring, the trees are a verdant green, a lively, zingy, brilliant lime colour which just invigorates the soul. In Autumn, all the leaves are dying and the colours are warm and rich. So, I took a some pics of the street too!
...and people ask me why I love living on the North Shore! Hello!

6 comments:

Christiaan Kidd said...

Hey champ,

Something else we have in common... maybe? but if you are a fan of English history...when you are finished the Kings and Queens of Tudor England, I will lend you my Elizabeth 1st boigraphies... Betts v Mary Q of Scots and my recenterest aquisition... an Anne Boleyn boigraphy... Interesting stuff!

It was a magic day today, I agree, even though I worked all day... and I am working tomorrow... This weather though... is what Autumn/ Winter in Sydney is all about!

I would have adored to sit in a park with a lovely man reading a book today. Sounded heavenly.

Enjoy!

Englishman in London said...

Monty,

Isn't 'me' time great?

It is about the same here in Bp, and I love parking at a pavement cafe under the dappled shade, with a pot of almond or mint tea, and either reading, or watching life go by. It is very good for the soul!

Just as good with a chum too on a crisp evening with a glass of cool lager! Would prefer cider though. Ahhhh well . . . Blighty in a couple of months.

Campbell said...

Great pics Monty. Very different from the day in Melbourne which was WET - hooray!!! I don't know that you'd get anyone complaining about that!
The Tudors are one of my favourite royal familiies of British History!
A question please: PDA's??

Single Guy said...

Yeah..life does not get better than that!

Monty said...

Craig, I recently read one about Anne Boleyn...was fascinating. Also read one about her older sister Mary who was Henry VIII's mistress. But would happily read yours, can't get enough! Also want to read one about the 6 wives of Henry! You're most welcome to join me next time I read in a park... *wink*

EA - we'll definitely do ourselves a cider or two later this year when I'm over there!

Campbell - Public Displays of Affection. It was first coined by NSSG.

Tom said...

I had to think about the PDAs too - I did get it, but my first thought was palmpilots/blackberries which didn't make a lot of sense. Sad huh!

Labels