Sunday, April 01, 2007

Autumn....Part II...

I was reading today in the Sunday Telegraph, an article by Jacinta Tynan and it kind of resonated with me - particularly in view of my last couple of blog entries. The article was entitled "Now is the winter of the single man's discontent". The interesting thing she said was about the behaviour of men once the seasons start to change from summer to winter.

She said "Summer is the season for distraction, idleness and eternal options, hardly conducive to forging long-term commitments or making decisions of any sort. But the shift in the weather has induced a last-minute scamble as men begin to panic at the prospect of a long, lonely winter." And she identified a trend that has been noticed - the "scattergun approach." What, you may enquire, is the scattergun approach?

"The phenomenon isn't documented, but is well known. With mere weeks until winter, men aren't being discerning in their pursuit, but are firing indiscriminately, with several girls (or guys) lined up on any given weekend."

I read this article and saw me!!! This is what I have been doing up until a few weeks ago! Certainly the "scattergun approach" has been my modis operandi - lining up a plethora of dates in any given week. And summer was certainly the season for frolicking, fun, and fucking! My so-called "slutty phase". But in the last few weeks I've been feeling the urge to calm down somewhat, to actually think about something a bit more long-term, more stable and lasting. I thought it was simply a manifestation of me moving on to the next stage of my life...moving past the "slutty phase" and into "relationship phase". But perhaps I'm wrong...perhaps, as Jacinta suggests, I'm just responding to the changing seasons - feeling a need for someone to snuggle with when it gets cold. Hmmmmm...something to think about!

4 comments:

Tom said...

...feeling a need for someone to snuggle with when it gets cold...

You're in the wrong place then... it doesn't get cold in Sydney :P

Monty said...

Tom, remember, I'm from Nth Qld...Sydney in winter still feels cold for me! :-)

Single Guy said...

Monty..I love the cold too..cant wait to stay in bed and cuddle up next to someone special!

Monty said...

You're lucky NSSG - you can already snuggle up with DG!

Labels