Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Pink Shirt Tuesday...?

I was out walking up Martin Place today at lunch time and I couldn't help but notice the plethora of pink shirted guys walking around! And I couldn't help thinking...is there some kind of rebel group out there advocating a Pink Shirt Tuesday, instead of the established (by our friend Tom) Pink Shirt THURSDAY??? If so, the rebellion must be stopped! And ruthlessly CRUSHED! We can't have TWO pink shirt days...granted, it's a great colour and I have plenty of pink shirts that I could wear. However, the fact remains that as white collar workers, the primary colour our shirts must be is, well, white (and yes, I realize that white is technically NOT a colour)! And the odd blue shirt is allowed as well! Pink can only be a once a week kind of thing surely!

6 comments:

Muzbot said...

This must be stopped... if not for pink shirt Thursday, then to protect the masculinity of Australian men. It's an outrage!
Were any of them cute?

Tom said...

I agree, the counter-revolution must be stomped on.

I have to say though, I never (well almost never) wear white shirts! :P

Englishman in London said...

Monty - let us not be too didactic when attempting to establish our own social mores!

Monty said...

Muz, walk up Martin Place on any given day and there's plenty of cute guys! *sigh*
Tom, I confess I only own one white shirt myself. But it's the principle of it! lol
EA, you and your moral high grounds! ;-) x

nash said...

Monty, you might have to have a pink shirt WEEK...

Monty said...

Nash, I'll have to discuss with Tom and see what he says...he's the Patron Saint of Pink Shirt Thursday in Australia, so he'll have to sanction a pink shirt week for it to happen! LOL

Labels