Monday, April 23, 2007

Rain...feel it on my fingertips...

At the risk of being accused of being anally retentive, I confess to owning three umbrellas. One normal umbrella which is at home, one large Golf umbrella which is at work, and one small foldup umbrella which stays in my work bag. That way, where-ever I am, I'm covered. Tonight, as I was leaving work, I had a look out at the night...it had been such a weird day, with glimpses of sky, clouds, very dark clouds, showers, very heavy showers...the whole gamut! And so I was considering taking the large golf umbrella as it is, well, quite big and so more likely to keep me dry. But when I looked out at the city, it seemed like it was only a soft drizzle at best, something my small foldup umbrella would cope with. Good plan! Got out and walked about half a block and it came down in TORRENTS! Absolutely bucketed down! And my little foldup umbrella struggled to cope! Needless to say, I was a little damp by the time I got home!
But despite that, I must say it is rather pleasant to have this kind of weather...much more typically autumnal! Rain always puts me to sleep, and I was out like a light last night! And tonight will be just the same! It's fabulous!

The only thing that could improve it would be a nice warm man in bed next to me! I was even thinking that watching TV or a DVD on a night like this, snuggled with a nice guy would be a most pleasant way of spending an evening. Well, I shall keep looking! He's gotta be out there somewhere!

8 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

I love the sound of rain as I fall asleep too. So peaceful.
Obvious a warm gent next to you makes it all the more lovely. Keep at it and before long you'll have your own human hot water bottle...

James said...

When it's raining, there are only two places to be... out there in it, getting totally wet... or in bed.

Monty said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Darth, bring on the water bottle! PS When are we to expect your next post??? Hanging out for it!!!

Christiaan Kidd said...

Growing up on a farm as a kid, one of the few pleasure I had back then was listening to the rain on the tin roof of our house.

Even as an early teenager, I used to wonder what it would be like to have a nice man to spoon with, doze, nibble his neck, squeeze his pecs and just have him laying next to me listening to the rain.

I managed to find out many years later how fantastic it actually is and can thoroughly recommend it to anyone interested in improving their outlook on life as a whole!

Darth Gateau said...

it's there now sweetie, for your reading pleasure. Although, 'tis a tad dull this time. snore. sorry.

Muzbot said...

Isn't the rain great. I'm one of those that love a walk in the rain (more so in warmer than cooler weather!). But getting that sprinkle of water from heaven is just great. I'm also one of those guys who is happy to hang at home and cuddle during the rainy periods... lately it's only the pillow that gets my cuddle though.

Darth Gateau said...

bless! you Sydney boys all sound so lonesome. Makes me wanna buy a huge bed and throw you all in it together!

IAN said...

owning 3 umbrellas is very sensible.

Labels