Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Changing tactics...

As intimated in previous posts, I've decided that I need to change tactics in respect of dating guys. Instead of the Scattergun approach, I think I need a more targeted approach, to continue the firearm analogy. And so I have implemented it...Monty's new dating paradigm! It's been a couple of weeks in the making actually, and so far it's working fine! And I'm enjoying myself much more. What, you may wonder, is he doing differently? Well, I've decided to stop dating a bunch of new guys each week and instead, focus on the guys I've already met. AND as my wise friend EIB suggested, I am not dating-with-relationship as the goal, but rather it's more about making friends with the guys I have met. If a relationship is going to happen, it will happen in its own time (and most likely when I least expect it). No use trying to force it - I just need to relax and enjoy the company of these guys! And there are so many benefits to meeting up with guys I've already met...let me enumerate:

1. Much less of that awkward first-time-meet type conversation. You already have an idea about his likes/dislikes/interests - there's an existing basis for conversation.
2. I've already enjoyed the previous date, so there's reasonable odds that the next date (though I can't really call it a date, just the next time we're out) will be just as enjoyable, if not more so!
3. I've already checked him out and think he's not half bad in the looks department, so again, it's all good!
4. By his agreeing to meet up again, there's a reasonable chance that he likewise enjoyed my conversation, doesn't think I look like a troll and so is willing to get to know me a bit better.
5. The more times I meet up with a guy, the more chance of a shag! LOL (just kidding)

Naturally, Monty can't completely change his spots and so to keep things interesting, I'm allowing myself one new guy per week. So, whilst I haven't jumped off the Gaydar merry-go-round completely, I'm at least slowing it down to a more manageable pace. And I'm liking this!

4 comments:

Campbell said...

Hmm, sounds like a good strategy. Of course you are only able to take on this targeted approach because you commenced with the scattergun approach, giving you enough targets to go on with!!
So how many new guys in a week did you manage on average with the scatterfun (oops, got to improve my typing!) approach?
You little devil!
Good luck Monty.

Monty said...

True - a very valid point Campbell. My all time record is 9 in one week. That was a killer of a week! I was exhausted!!! But I averaged probably around 3 - 4 per week.

Single Guy said...

Go Monty..Go Monty! I liked your date yesterday. You two seemed lovely. I think you are the new Single in the City guy! You should guest write. You've come a very long way.

Monty said...

ha ha! Thanks NSSG. That was The Californian that I met up with at MG.

Labels