Saturday, March 31, 2007

Autumn...

I woke up this morning feeling fabulous! Not because anything marvellous is happening in my life or anything - it's just the weather! I love this time of year! April is always such a lovely month (yes, yes, I know it's only the 31st March but it's April tomorrow) - clear skies, cool but dry, and the deciduous trees make a magnificent display in the street next to mine! I've always found that my mood is lifted when it's like this.

You can just sniff winter around the corner, with it's log fires (well, at least here on the Nth Shore, people do have log fires and they smell wonderful in the neighbourhood), crisp mornings, blue blue skies - I've always got so much more energy in cooler weather! Coming from Nth Qld, where mid-winter is the equivalent of April in Sydney, I can't get enough of the cold! Bring it on!!! It's always a remarkable phenomenon to me, the fact that as soon Daylight Savings ends, it suddenly gets cooler - or at least it seems like it does! Was it just me, or did anyone else miss the fact that DLS was finishing last Sunday? I woke up, toddled around home, doing my usual Sunday stuff and turned on the TV at 6pm to watch the news and the news wasn't on! I was so confused - I actually ended up ringing up a friend who advised me to change my clocks! How embarassing!

And that's the other thing...as soon as it starts getting cool, I get into this retro-80's mood! I've been playing all my old music today - Kylie's first couple of albums, Pet Shop Boys, Faith (George Michael) and yes, even Richard Marx (collective gasp). Fabulous! I don't know why I get this way, but unfailingly it happens! When I used to live with flat-mates, they dreaded this time of year...but luckily, now that I live alone, it's not an issue - well, maybe my neighbours may be objecting, but they don't count!

And speaking of 80's pop, Pet Shop Boys are in town! And I'm currently trying to locate friends who would like to go next Friday (yes, Easter Friday) to their concert at the Hordern Pavillion - ahhh the Hordern, such fond memories for me from Mardi Gras! I am a HUGE PSB fan, and so I am fanging to see them!

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

April means the complete opposite here! It means spring flowers, lighter evenings, DLS the other way around. It also brings on the dilemma of an 'in-between' coat. Not too big or I get all hot on the tube but not too thin or I'll get cold on my way to the tube. Problem is, by the time I finally decide to go out and buy a suitable garment, it's bloody summer anyway and I don't need one. sigh.

I love spring tho.

Labels