Thursday, August 30, 2007

Eating badly...

...but enjoying it! Regular readers of my blog will know that I have a slim build - I've regarded it as a curse all of my life but of recent years, it has become somewhat of a blessing. Only about 2 years ago, I finally achieved what I had strived for all my adult life...a 30 inch waist! You have no idea how exciting that was for me...finally able to buy jeans, shorts, trousers and suits off the rack, without the need for alterations, with plenty of choice as well! And about 18 months ago, I finally hit my minimum weight for height! Another exciting milestone in my skinny life! I think that my lightning fast metabolism is finally starting to slow down to just be really fast instead and so as a consequence, I've actually been able to put on some weight instead of burning it off like I've always done.

I know this is probably sounding like everyone's dream "problem" - the inability to put on weight, but I've hated being skinny all my life and would still prefer to be a bit more built. But I have long resigned myself to having a slim build and the more guys I meet, the more I appreciate it. So many guys are regular gym bunnies, watching what they eat, jogging every week etc and I just meander through life, eating whatever I like and doing very little meaningful exercise.

And this week has been a perfect example of my bad eating habits...Monday night, I cooked myself a delicious spag bol and of course, piled it high with parmesan cheese, topped off with a glass of lovely 2004 Barossa Shiraz. Tuesday night, ahhhh Tuesday night...was the night I spent with the lovely Bruce and we had pizza for dinner (OK, it was gourmet pizza but it was still covered in yoghurt and cheese and stuff). Last night, Bruce came over to my place for dinner and as I had lots of leftover spag bol sauce, I just whipped up some more pasta and we consumed that, again augmented with a glass (or two) of wine. Tonight, I'm going home and making one of my favourite quick and easy dinners...parmesan pasta. Basically, you melt a tablespoon of butter, throw in a small carton of double cream, bring it almost to the boil, add a handful of grated parmesan cheese, some chopped up parsley, salt and pepper to taste and that's it...it's fundamentally heart attack pasta....and my goodness, it's magnificent! Mama mia! And with a nice oaky chardonnay...perfetto! So it's been pizza and pasta all week so far!

So as you can see, counting calories is not my forte! Wouldn't know a calorie if I fell over it! They just do not figure in my life!

But, speaking of the lovely Bruce (I'm sure we were), last night was another highly pleasant evening. He hadn't intended coming over...he rang me after work for our usual daily chat and had told me he planned to stay home and catch up on some work. I simply suggested he come over for some spag bol (not thinking he would) and he capitulated without the slightest attempt of resistance! This was very unexpected and so I tore around the apartment cleaning up (which certainly burned some of the aforesaid calories I'm sure), had a quick shower, threw on some shorts and a t-shirt, just in time for his arrival. And it was another relaxing evening spent chatting, eating, drinking, watching my favourite show, Spicks and Specs, and a little bit of snogging....he is such a good kisser!!!!!! Unfortunately, he had an early morning appointment so he didn't stay over...sigh...

But, I'll be seeing him tomorrow night AND staying over at his place for our first ever sleep-in on Saturday morning...all our previous sleepovers have been on a school night and so we've been getting up at 6am so that we can both make it to work in time. So I am really looking forward to a semi-lazy sleep-in with the very hot and exceptionally sexy Bruce!

5 comments:

T said...

*BIG WIDE GRIN*

Sh@ney said...

I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo understand about the whole super fast metabolism & the ever slim...I have battled the exact problem for years - just like you & I also linger between a 29/30 inch waist now after always being able to shop in the kids dept...Mind you I do manage a little snicker whenever a girl pipes up & says "you make me sick you never put wieght on" which makes you feel good until you here someone calling you a little weed or a string bean...Got to live with what we got my friend...it's all part of who we are I guess...So keep on enjoying those hearty meals...*winks*
Have a great weekend! xoxo

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I have that slightly annoying problem too, that inability to put on weight and buy what ever I want in shops, its nice to hear it will happen at some point in my skinny life. I'm a 28, and its soo stupid but men start with 30 or 32, and kids end with 26 - its so fucking annoying.

Hot, sexy and a good kisser - don't let him get away ;o)

Single Guy said...

That's great:)

I too enjoyed my skinny years but now I put on weight!!!

Campbell said...

It sounds like it was a sumptuous week Monty, in more ways than one! Hope the sleep over went well.

If slimness (such a nicer word than thin I always think!) is genetic for you then you probably have nothing to worry about. I had many people tell me (I think I have a similar build to you, although probably not quite as extreme) that once I reached 40 I would start to put the weight on. Well it certainly didn't happen straight away if it is going to happen. I'm banking on my genes as my parents who are heading for double the 40, are still both quite slim.

Make the most of it!

Labels