Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday Bloody Monday...

The weekend has come and gone and I'm sitting wondering what happened! Why is it that the week drags ever so slooooooowly and then the weekend flies by in a wink!


Anyway, here in Sydney last week, we enjoyed somewhat of an Indian summer, with temperatures hitting 25 degrees Celcius over the weekend! And buckets of sunshine! Perfect weather, but highly unusual for the middle of winter! Today, it seems like the weather remembered it was winter for the chills hit big time!!!

Anyway, the weekend was a bit up and down for me...some really good bits, and some just average bits. The weather, as I mentioned, was awesome! Early Saturday arvo, I met up with one of my readers, one of my adoring public! ha ha ha! It was great to meet him, exchange some stories, clarify a few details and to put a face to his otherwise quite elusive identity. Then had a date with a guy that I had been chatting to on Gaydar - was OK...nothing to write home about (or even blog about) - nice guy but no sparks.

I was in a strange mood late Saturday arvo...really felt like some serious beer drinking, so purchased myself some beer, got home and received a text. It was my mate Muzbot and an invitation to the Commodore for...yes, you guessed it...a beer (or two). Perfect. Another excellent night spent with a good mate, drinking beer and chatting! Sensational!

Sunday was interesting. Once I dragged myself out of bed, I received a text from the guy that I previously met a few weeks ago at the Stonewall. He suggested a coffee in the arvo which worked well for me, needed coffee after the amount of alcohol consumed the previous night! Unfortunately (well, actually, rather fortunately) we never got to the cafe! tee hee hee Afterwards, raced home, had a quick shower and then met up with the smiling Evan and his ever so sober boyfriend McDreamy at the Commodore for a late arvo drink...beer for me, LLB for the boys! Sat outside on the terrace and progressively got colder as the sun sank beneath the horizon until I could stand it no more. But it was great to catch up with them; as always, an interesting and informative chat and a highly enjoyable time!

So a bit of a mixed bag for a weekend, but still, I can't complain. What's the point, no one will listen anyway! Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

Sh@ney said...

All I can say is, wish I was there...But glad you had an enjoyable weekend...hugs xoxo
Have a great week mate!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Glad to hear someone had a good weekend.

Scary thing is I can't even think what I did this weekend (obviously nothing noteworthy) :o(

Anonymous said...

yeah, we are all listening.....lol

samedi! said...

Looks like another weekend is creeping up behind you.. The most vivid weekend memories I have of my holiday in Sydney is the Saturday bazaar in Paddington. Stunning city.

Labels