Thursday, August 02, 2007

30 Questions Meme...

Got this off McDreamy and thought it was worth a go. I've also got nothing else to do as our systems are still down at work...

1. Were you named after anyone? No. My parents just liked the name.
2. When did you last cry? Last Wednesday night. I went out for a couple of drinks with my friend Jacquie and we got talking about my parents and the fact that they haven't spoken to me since I told them I was gay. Not a good look when you're a 36 yr old man, bursting into tears in the middle of Bar 333 on George St.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Yes, I do quite like it.
4.What is your favorite lunchmeat? Roast Lamb...particularly when purchased from David Jones' Foodhall
5. If you were another person would you be friends with you? Yeah, I'm a pretty friendly person in general and like hearing other people's stories.
6. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes
7. Would you bungee jump? Hmmmm, not sure.
8. What is your favorite cereal? Kellogs Cornflakes - always loved 'em, always will.
9. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Absolutely! Wrecks your shoes otherwise...
10. Do you think you are strong? Physically - no. Emotionally, I have become more vulnerable in the past year, however I've also found hitherto unknown strength.
11. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Coconut gelato
12. Shoe size? 7
13. Red or pink?Red... unless it's Thursday.
14. Who do you miss the most? Mum and Dad
15. What color pants, shirt and shoes are you wearing? Dark Grey suit, pink shirt (well, of course), black Florsheim shoes
16. Last thing you ate? 3 meat Canelloni
17. What are you listening to right now? My colleagues on the phone with clients
18. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Purple.
19. Favorite smell? Freshly cut grass after rain
20. The first thing you notice about people you are attracted to? Their ability to hold a conversation
21. Favorite drink? A Barossa Shiraz
22. Favorite food? Beer up the bum chicken! When I make it, it's sensational! (ask Evan and McDreamy)
23. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings
24. Summer or winter? Winter - I come from Nth Queensland where it's hot all year round...I moved to Sydney to experience winter!
25. Favorite dessert? Icecream.
26. What's on your mouse pad? I don't have a mouse pad - my mouse doesn't need one
27. What did you watch last night on TV? Nothing. I went to the movies with Tom and saw The Simpsons Movie!
28. Favorite sounds? The distant boom of the surf
29. The furthest you've been from home? Scotland
30. Where were you born? Townsville General Hospital

5 comments:

Tales of the City said...

Hey we are the same shoe size!! Sorry to hear you parents dont talk to you. Dont know what is worse.. mine talk to me, make me dinner but dont want to know anything about my so called "gay" life. Its like being a half person when I with them. Hang in there Monty.. some point they will come round.

Christerbjorn said...

Unfortunately, few people gay or straight have a perfect relationship with their parents. I always believed what I saw on the good old family sitcoms, your parents only wanted you to be happy. My life is more like cutectguy. They want me to be happy but on their terms. I live a lie with them, it's difficult to keep it up sometimes but I know it's the only way that I'll have any relationship with them however superficial it is. We love you Monty, although it's not the same, you're like family to me.

Sh@ney said...

Thankyou for sharing this with us...I always like reading bitz about a person...xoxo

sandy said...

Perhaps it sounds trite and cliche', but it's their loss. I have become so close to my (step)son and cannot imagine life without him now...regardless of whatever revelation he might have for me. Deep down, your folks must miss you too. That bond is strong and will likely bring you back together at some point. You sound like a loving son, and your unwillingness to turn to hatred speaks a lot. Keep hanging in there.

Monty said...

Guys, thank you so much for your kind words. Didn't expect that everyone would comment on just that one particular item but your support is really appreciated. Hugs!

Labels