Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Over the moon...

As you may have seen in Muzbot's blog, last night was a full lunar eclipse which made it a blood moon as well. What a night...

I collected Bruce from his place and we drove over to South Head about 7.30pm. The moon was already well and truly eclipsing at that stage, which was pretty freaky but also really cool. I had a bottle of champers as well and so we found ourselves a dark little spot on the lawn on the cliff's edge, put down the picnic blanket and sat there and sipped our champers! The weather was delightful - I was just wearing jeans and a shirt and felt comfortable. I did end up putting my jacket on later in the evening (as did Bruce) but for an August night, it was extemely balmy. We sat there and chatted for a couple of hours and watched the moon get progressively darker and redder (though, I would call it more ochre than red). And it was a great conversation - we really started getting into some very personal stuff which was great - and we relaxed into each other so that by the end, we were just sitting there, holding hands, my head on his shoulder.

We went back to his place after that, ordered a pizza and consumed that very quickly and then at about 10pm, went to bed. We kept talking in the dark - it's funny how being in the dark allows you to say stuff you can't say normally - and the more I talk to him, the more I respect him and admire him. And, for the first time, I fell asleep in his arms...very literally in his arms. I cannot describe how good it felt when I woke sometime through the night and I was still in his arms...and then I just drifted off again...

The more I see of him, the more I like him...and I have no doubt that there is going to be some challenging stuff ahead for both of us. He's been badly scarred by his previous 11 yr relationship - by the emotional crap that he went through in the relationship and the acrimonious break up as well - and it's bound to raise its head at some stage. I know he doesn't feel like he's able to give me the level of emotional commitment that he feels I need, but for me, I am just so so so enjoying this that I'm pretty happy with how things are going! It will be a slow process, there's no doubt, but I really don't mind...I think he's just a terrific guy, with a beautiful heart and so I'm prepared to put in the hard yards.

5 comments:

Canberrabiker said...

Sigh, another nice blog entry, Monty. Hope it all goes well with both of you.

Brechi said...

I missed the lunar eclipse ;(

Single Guy said...

oh....that's sweet..pizza and falling asleep in his arms:)

T said...

100% romantic evening ! *grin*

and even better, Monty , you sound very even headed about this relationship.

Enjoy.

kevin said...

Im so pleased you saw the eclipse with Bruce. Im sure it will be an eclipse you will remember.

Make sure that you both enjoy your time together.

It seems like the weather is getting better in NSW. We've had some great weather here too (except for a few hours on eclipse night!)

Hugs to you,
Kev in NZ

Labels