Saturday, August 04, 2007

The things you do for love...

I'm deeply impressed with myself...I was up at 6am this morning! Yes, that's right, you've read it correctly 6am! What, you may ask yourself, would prompt Monty of all people to get up out of bed that early??? Well, as I mentioned previously, it was C3's birthday on Thursday and it was a lovely night. BUT, the CD I was wanting to buy him (the Philippe Jaroussky one) was only going to be available on Friday and so I knew I wasn't going to have a present for him on Thursday itself.
So I decided that, in addition to the CD, I'd give him some flowers. And so, this morning, I dragged my sorry arse out of my lovely, warm bed, threw some clothes on (as it was FREEZING), and drove out to the Flemington Markets here in Sydney. I purchased way too many flowers but now I'm kinda glad. I got home and did up the arrangement for C3 and there were still flowers left over for me to do an arrangement for myself. So, here they are...

This is C3's arrangement......and this is mine.

11 comments:

Peter said...

Next to a banker you could become a flower arranger...

Tom said...

It wasn't THAT cold this morning Monty.... it's been warmer than some days!

I agree with peter - chuck in the job and open a florist!

Campbell said...

Wow Monty, you obviously have more than one career path open to you. They look beautiful!

Christerbjorn said...

Hey Monty,
They are sensational, you have yet another hidden talent. My Birthday is 12 September just for your diary..hint hint. I hope C3 appreciates the gesture and I'm not referring to the flowers or the CD but getting out of bed on a weekend (Particularly a cold morning) soooo early. I think I know only 1 other person who likes his bed more than you and that's a mate of mine in WA. Have a great weekend.
McDreamy.

GB said...

I think the blue-ish tone of the photo of C3'a arrangement makes it look a bit cold, whereas the yellow/orange tone of your arrangement looks much warmer. So next project - lighting?

Just a thought, GB xxx

Englishman in London said...

Blimey Capability - I would have bought them arranged.

Very impressed - well done you. Not the flowers - the getting up early! lol

Single Guy said...

You really must become a florist! you are good!!!! get out of banking.

sandy said...

you give good flowers! (and what's not to love about Jaroussky?)

Tales of the City said...

MONTY - did you just delete a post... more developments a la monsieur C3?

Sh@ney said...

Am I still lucid from the pain relief or are your posts disappearing? Hmmm OK ask no questions! Just hope all is wonderful..xox

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

wow, thats pretty good.

I'm impressed.

Labels