Thursday, August 23, 2007

Falling...

I received an email this morning from Bruce..."I really enjoyed your company last night and waking up beside you this morning." Now this may not seem like a particularly exciting or romantic statement, but he's not one who overflows with protestations of love! So, when I received the email this morning, I melted!

He's intent on dating me the old-fashioned way...to get to know me as a person, rather than just get caught up in the physical side of things. This may surprise many of you, but we haven't actually shagged yet. We've spent 4 of the past 7 nights together however we have just slept (as in the actual act of closing ones eyes) together on these occasions. This has been difficult, as you could imagine, because I am deeply attracted to him and the physical contact in bed certainly produces quite obvious results. But, I've actually started enjoying the fact that he wants to focus on our fledgling friendship/relationship instead of just doing the usual thing and shagging first, asking questions later. I like cuddling him while we chat on the couch, I like snuggling with him in bed...but I really like the fact that he rings me each day just to have a chat, even if we are seeing each other that night. This is a gentleman that I could seriously fall for...

8 comments:

Tales of the City said...

Think there is a word for the "illness" you are suffering... its called LOVE. Isn't amazing to fall in love.. head over heels? Enjoy it .. he sounds like a very mature chap.

kevin said...

It seems like Bruce is a really nice guy. To get someone calling you each day is really nice and to snuggle up at night is just as nice. It's still early days but enjoy them and keep us posted.

Hugs to you over there in Aussie,
Kev in NZ

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a little bit of old-fashioned courtship! Good relationships can start in many different ways, and it sounds like you boys are starting things out in a way that feels comfortable for both of you. Keep enjoying yourself and be open to wherever things may take you. Life doesn't get any better than that....

Big hugs,
ZB

T said...

so sweet = Romance Lives !!!

sandy said...

What a wonderful way to chronicle the romance! You sound very happy, which is what it's all about.

Monty said...

I'm not talking the "L" word just yet...but whatever it is, I'm enjoying it! :-) Thanks guys!

Tom said...

Crikey, Bruce Almighty! :) I'm delighted for you Monty! He sounds like a great guy!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Awwwwwwwww.

Labels