Sunday, August 19, 2007

Up Up and Away...

Well, I'm rather excited! Booked my flight to the UK and for the first time, I'm flying with Virgin Atlantic! I've been a faithful Singapore Airlines flyer as I do love the service and their inflight entertainment. BUT I've been assured by my friend Tom (himself a faithful Virgin flyer) that Virgin will meet my very strict standards! AND as he introduced me to the Virgin Frequent Flyer program, he gets points whenever I fly...hmmmm, methinks there may have been a vested interest somewhere here! Anyway, I'm excited! I depart our fair shores 4th October and hit London 5th October! I leave London 8th November and arrive back in the Antipodes on the 10th. So I have just over 5 weeks. Yay! I'm planning on seeing a lot of London this time (thanks to my long suffering brother Mark, who is providing the free accommodation) as well as possibly a bit of the Nth of England, Paris, and Sweden. Mmmmmm, Swedish boys. . . It's all rather unplanned at the moment, quite unlike me, but I'm enjoying the relative freedom and the endless possibilities that not locking myself into a schedule brings. So we'll see what life (and London) brings me!

Yesterday, I woke up feeling like I needed a change. So what did I do? Went to my favourite store, David Jones', and bought myself a new mattress protector, valance, quilt, quilt cover, pillows, cushions - the whole kit and caboodle! Looks fabulous! My bedroom is transformed! It's amazing what a difference it makes! So that is also another exciting thing! (not quite up on the same excitement level as overseas travel, but still)

Today, it's a cold and rainy day in the Emerald City. I have on some baroque CD's, my heater is pumping out the warmth, and I'm just about to get me some lunch. Think I shall spend the arvo inside, reading the Sunday papers, maybe a beer or two if I'm in the mood, and wait for my Wednesday guy to return from his weekend away! He does actually have a name, but it won't be revealed until after the second date! Watch this space!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you have been on a spending spree,traveling is fun and catching up with your brother will be exciting for you and the other sidetrips your doing.. and then getting off to David Jones and buying new linen for the bed..you lucky man..Great feeling changing the decor of a room like that!.. fantastic.
Raining in brisbane as well today, I am rugged as if it is snowing..;p;..good to get under the rug and keep warm. enjoy your arvo.
Cheers

Tom said...

You'll love Virgin... and you get extra points too, so stop whinging!!

London, North of England.... October.... Brrrrrrrr.

Single Guy said...

You should also check out Denmark and Norway!

Peter said...

B, can you translate 'arvo' to me?

I've read it several times on your blog, but it doesn't ring a bell, and you know this is not my native tongue.

Darth Gateau said...

You'll love Virgin. Make sure you keep an eye on the beautiful people in red and grey - they're all my own work sweetie. I simply don't know where I find them but somehow I manage to search every nook and cranny of the globe to winkle them out. It's a tough and dirty job but someone has to do it...
Are you travelling in Upper Class? You never know who you may end up sitting next to at the on-board bar - millionaires, celebs. Oh the glamour.

Monty said...

Peter, arvo is a colloquial term for "afternoon".
DG - Upper class - are you kidding? I don't have the luxury that some who work in the airline industry have, of paying a fraction of the normal cost! Noooo, I'm in cattle class! (unless a lovely fellow blogger I know can pull some strings and get me an upgrade...) *hint* :-)

sandy said...

Which CDs? That's what I wanna know! :)

Tales of the City said...

Hey even cattle class is good.. though if you hand'nt blown a fortune in Jones, you could have paid for an upgrade to Premium - which is Excellent. And a great compromise between upper and cattle. x

Anonymous said...

very jealous of your adventure....the lead in time is alwyas exciting...:D

Make sure you have a travel blog set up .... :D

Campbell said...

Enjoy the anticipation Monty.....and good luck with Wednesday guy. Do you have to wait til this Wednesday again?

GB said...

Yeah, well, I reckon that the North of England, Paris, Sweden, and even Denmark and Norway are all very well, but if you want real class you need to head to Italy. Florence, Rome, Venice :-). Italian boys can be a bit distant, but well worth the effort!
GB xxx
PS: and what's wrong with British Airways? I always sleep well in their Club World flat beds :-).

Labels