Tuesday, May 01, 2007

It's a dating epidemic...

It's rather interesting to see that a few guys that I'm associated with have recently started getting into the dating thing. Whether they be fellow bloggers, readers of my blog or simply just friends of mine, it seems that while Monty is endeavouring to slow down the dating merry-go-round, everyone else is ramping it up! And it's got me wondering what's been the cause?

Is it, as I read a few weeks ago, simply that the change in season has got every single male seeking a warm body for those long, cold winter's nights? OR is it just because everyone's seen the one-man-dating-disaster-scene that your correspondent is and thought, 'it can't get any worse for me'? OR possibly I have inspired everyone with the joys of doing multiple dates each week, and now they just want to get some man-action themselves?

Who knows...but it's just blown me away to see the dating activity in recent times.

On another note, I received an email yesterday from my friend Oscar, the Frenchman I met in Berlin last year. I was excited to see that he's still with his boyfriend and they are about to celebrate their 6 month anniversary! Congrats boys!

8 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

Soooo....

Your name is Ben. I've seen actual pictures of your face but I'm not sure which of the faces I've seen is yours...

veeerrryyy interesting.

Monty said...

he he he! I'm the young good looking one! ha ha!

Christiaan Kidd said...

Why would you want a boyfriend and ruin all the single dating fun you have been having?

Stay single! Stay away from boyfriend materials!

:-)

Darth Gateau said...

I'M a boyfriend!! And I'm still human!!
Now you've been exposed, you might as well throw loads of pics of you on your blog.

Superchilled said...

Ah so I've published the first official paparazzi photos of you! An exclusive from superchilled!! And to think - I got by without having to pay the photographer millions. How lucky am I?!

Monty said...

Superchilled, Just make sure you don't sell the pics to New Idea or Woman's Weekly! Next time, I'll come with my umbrella to cover my face! haha!

DG - When you start publishing loads of pics of yourself, I'll think about it too! *wink* I think the term is...quid pro quo...

Muzbot said...

Pfft... dating. It's so over-rated. When you run the risk of finding out the dude has lied about everything or even worse decides that you're not even worth calling to let you know he's standing you up it doesn't seem worth it.
Damn, do I sound bitter? :)

Darth Gateau said...

hey that's not fair!

There's a warts-and-all, no hiding away pic of me in a recent post on my blog. I was getting near to be pie-eyed but I'm still clearly visible!
quid pro quo Ben, quid pro quo...

Labels