Sunday, January 14, 2007

A push in the right direction...

I just received an email from Oscar, my Frenchman in Berlin. When we had our brief holiday romance in October, Oscar was bi-sexual. He was on a short holiday in Berlin and was looking for some fun with some guys, but was still quite ambivalent about his preferences. He was very open about that with me, and I was fine with that. After all, it was just a holiday romance - I wasn't going to spend my life with him and if he slept with girls too, well, that's his choice and his life! Oscar had only ever had one night stands with guys and so the 3 days and nights we spent together was the longest "relationship" he had experienced with a guy. Ditto for me come to think of it.

But Oscar's email was a bit of a catch up, as we haven't chatted for probably a month. It turns out that he has just celebrated his 2 month anniversary with his boyfriend Francis! This is quite an accomplishment for him (and really, from what I've seen and heard, for any gay guy), given that he's only ever had relationships with women!

So I was excited for him - it seems that Francis is head over heels for him; not surprising really because Oscar is a lovely guy! He seems to be adjusting well for someone who has never considered a gay relationship before. But, there's always issues and for Oscar, it's a matter of disclosure. He hasn't told anyone, not only about his relationship with Francis, but also about being bi-sexual. We've had conversations about this previously, and I can fully understand where he is coming from! It took me years to get to that point and I knew I was gay; I get the feeling that Oscar is still not sure if he is gay or bi. But he does seem to be happy with this relationship which is great. So bravo to him for at least following his heart and trying.

I kind of feel a little responsible for this - as I said, he hadn't experienced any kind of relationship with a guy until me...and now, he's been with a guy for 2 months! So I am a bit chuffed, as I've helped turn him...at least for the moment! ha ha!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Monty,

When you wrote in your e-mail that you published another post, i immediately logged in to your blog and was very surprised to find a post dedicated to me! That's kinda naughty of you..
Well I decided that it merits a first comment on your blog (of which as you know I'm a devoted reader).
Thanks for the encouragement and the positive attitude you seem to have about my experiences. I certainly hope I am going in the right direction, 'cause sometimes i feel that I'm just plain lost.. Best of luck in finding your love, Oscar

Single Guy said...

That's great mate! well done. I was bi for about six months until I officially came out. Bi is a nice stop on the way to gaytown! makes things is easier.

Monty said...

Oscar, hope I didn't offend! I didn't mean to...meeting you was just an important event in my life and I was excited to hear your news! :-) Hope you work things out mate, whatever path you choose!

Labels