Sunday, May 20, 2007

Monty's Miscellaneous Musings...

I'm curiously lethargic today! I woke up and eventually dragged myself out of my wonderfully snug bed at noon and kinda wandered around the apartment trying to motivate myself. And so, after showering, I did the only thing that can get me going...drove to KFC and bought myself some deep fried chicken and their wonderful chips (and a can of Pepsi Max...gotta watch those calories! lol). There's nothing quite like a Sunday KFC lunch whilst reading the Sunday papers! Perrrrrfect!

But as I pondered my unmotivated state, I realised that it was because I didn't actually have anything planned today. There was no brunch to be had with friends, no BSB with the boys in the arvo (that happened yesterday), no social engagements at all. Normally this would be a good thing for me as I'm one who does enjoy time to myself. Sunday is and always has been Monty time but for some strange reason, today I really don't feel like going solo. Even the prospect of some grocery shopping doesn't fill me with anticipation...(yes, strange I know, but I actually enjoy the weekly meander through the aisles of Woolworths Northbridge, picking whatever I want off the shelves, planning all sorts of wicked indulgences for the coming week) and yet I do know that once I'm there, I will actually perk up. It's just physically making myself put some shoes on and get in the car and drive there that seems so difficult at the moment. I'm actually feeling more like grabbing my book and waltzing down to my local park and reading it in the sun. Highly unproductive but delightful to sit in the sun on the grass and immerse myself in the comings and goings of Henry VIII's many spouses! And snack...because you can never just go to the park with a book, you always need to take a little picnic - a bottle of wine, some cheese and crackers, maybe some olives or marinated artichokes. I'm sure the other people in the park must think I'm rather strange, having this delish little picnic by myself, but I have such fun when I do. Have my music courtesy of my antiquated Sony Discman (does anyone remember what they are?) so really, all senses are indulged...the touch of grass beneath my feet, warm sun on my skin; taste of liquid summer sliding down my throat in the form of a lovely wooded chardy and the rich, sharp tang of Mersey Valley cheddar on water crackers; the smell of fresh air and the fragrance of cut grass; the sound of a yet to be determined CD transporting me elsewhere; the visual impact of the scene in front of me, the verdant green of grass and trees, the cobalt blue sky, just the occasionally fluffy white cloud; the stimulus to my mind from the book. FABULOUS!

BUT I'd better go and do it rather than just talk about it here! Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! x

PS Just a quick note re: PST. I was highly thrilled to see not one but TWO bloggers do a first-time picture post of their PST's - our shy retiring and newly out GIL managed to expose his delightfully furry chest (and his pink shirt) to the world and my friend EIB posed in a bit more formal attire with a lovely pink shirt/tie combo. And his dazzling smile! Seriously, a call must be made Europe-wide to find EIB a boyfriend - he's a good looking fellow, smart, highly witty and amusing, well presented, a gentle heart beneath his frosty exterior, a good cook - to sum up...he's a CATCH!!! I can provide character references for him! :-)

5 comments:

Campbell said...

It sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday Monty, especially after you got over the lethargy reflection beginning.
So you're still having lying in the park weather in Sydney? Sounds wonderful, although no-one is allowed to complain about the rain here in Melbourne, we're all VERY grateful.
So which of the 'divorced-beheaded-died-divorced-beheaded-survived' spouses did you read about today?

Darth Gateau said...

Now then. Many questions/comments.

1. Mersey Valley cheese? Sweetie, I'm from Liverpool (on the original River Mersey). It's a fast flowing brown river with busy docks. How the hell did you guys transform it into somewhere that can produce cheese?
2. There's nothing wierd about taking a vast picnic for a sun-soaked reading sojourn. Keep up the good work.
3. PST is taking the world by storm. A chap in New York - from another blog site no less, not blogger - left a message about it. I've encouraged him to get NYC on the go.
4. I love KFC Fillet Tower Burgers - especially on hang-over days.
5. I can't stand grocery shopping. It makes me cross.

It's a beautiful sunny day here so the other half and I are throwing together everything from the fridge to go and sit (with books) in Greenwich park.

contented sigh

Monty said...

Campbell, I can't believe it's winter in 10 days time...still 25 degrees and sunny as here in Sydney! FAB!
DG...
1. Mersey Valley comes from Tasmania which is as green as can be...clean and delish grass for all the cows to eat and make yummmy cheese from
2. My thoughts entirely
3. Excellent! We are taking over the world! yeee haa!
4. KFC is the universal remedy for whatever ails one!
5. Well, hopefully your other half likes shpping! Though I can't ever imagin you cross! You're too sweet by far!

Hope you and the other half had a lovely sit and read together. That's the only thing missing for me...someone there next to me on my fabulous picnic...*sigh*

So DG, you must blog and tell us how you met TOH! x

Tales of the City said...

Whoa Monty Dude..what happened to "Boy" you were seeing... that you were going to tell us about? I wish I had your sunday... mine turned out to be too busy.. test drove my new maybe baby, lunch with Evie, Ann, Frank the french man and LTB in a Danish restaurant (yes!!) and the walk to Physic gardens.. but no rest for the wicked as I had to to The Pheonix to meet the ex-models.. who surprisingly ate everything on the menu... hmmm maybe thats why they are ex! Finally I am having some me time.. papers.. and my Hotel Costes cd... trying not to Salsa to may fav track.. (my neighbours can see into my flat.. courtesy of the tall windows.)Spending night on own.. in Purdah.. have started snoring the last week. Poor LTB.. no sleep for him. Its 10.30pm.. time for some zzzzzzz. Have a great monday! x

Englishman in London said...

Monty needs his Monty time. Re-group and recharge my friend.

Thanks for the advertisement! lol

Labels