Thursday, May 03, 2007

Snugglepot and Cuddlepie...

I've been thinking about this a lot over the last couple of weeks, essentially since I had The Californian over for dinner. We both wanted an easy night in and so I made some dinner and then we watched a DVD. Now, we've both had some long conversations since MG and our relationship has become one of friendship rather than anything more involved. And so, when we sat down to watch the DVD, I let him sit on the couch and I sat on a separate chair. He though, indicated that he wanted me to sit on the couch too, between his legs and lay against him. Now, he's a hot man and I'm certainly not going to say no to an invitation like that. And so, that's how we watched the DVD. I really enjoyed it; a feeling of closeness and warmth. There wasn't anything overwhelmingly sexual about it, we didn't make out or run our hands over each other or anything. We simply sat/lay there together and watched the movie. It was lovely.

And this is the question I have...all the previous times that I've snuggled like this, it's always led to sex. Which is more than fine! BUT, is snuggling with a friend a common thing in the gay world? Can friends snuggle without the sexual overtones? Or was this some sort of one-off glitch in the matrix that shouldn't happen again?

To be honest, I'd love to be able to do this with my other gay friends...I really enjoyed the feeling and I think it's a great way to express one's feelings of friendship, kinship and affection...but is it too risky? Am I playing with fire by putting myself in a position where something more can happen which could affect the viability of our friendship? Or does this happen all the time and am I just being paranoid?

It's also Pink Shirt Thursday boys! The three gay guys in my team are all wearing ours - are you wearing yours??? I will try and post a picture tonight when I get home.

8 comments:

Campbell said...

This is a stage I'd really like to get to with a guy, but I think it would be difficult.
Did you find it hard not to run your hands all over him? Were you thinking 'Does he want to run his hands all over me'? Was there an unspoken acknowledgement of what was happening?
This raises many questions!!! Got any answers Monty?

Single Guy said...

I'm not sure if I can cuddle with friends. I think for me that's pretty intimate so I like to save it for someone special...plus I find that any physical contact leads to sex! But some of my friends cuddle with friends all the time! I guess do what feels right!!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, its intimate (which is contrary to most masculine upbringings) and may be risky to the nature of your friendship.

But if it felt good, then the risk is worth it. Evolving friendships (with or without sex) are better than stagnant ones.

I would love to get to a position where such intimacy way natural and non-threatening for me.

altraeis said...

I will simply have to concur with campbell and nssg on this one. In principle it sounds great and it would be awesome to be that comfortable that you both knew that that was all there was, but in reality?.....hmmm will be interesting to see what others think on this one.

Darth Gateau said...

Cuddle friends - it's great! I do with mine - I've also shared a bed nigh on stark naked with some of them and we've all curled up together - without any sex. We're friends - I don't want to have sex with them, I love them in a whole different but huggable way.

Muzbot said...

Having a cuddle with friends is easy. It's so nice to feel close to someone and to hold someone. When that person is your friend than that feeling is actually a very cool thing to feel. There's something very adult about it.

Monty said...

Thanks guys...for all your responses! I appreciate your points of view! Now...to actually put it in to practice...

Hugs to you all...!

Superchilled said...

I think the closeness you describe is great and there are some people with whom I'm quite comfortable with this, and they're people with whom there is a very solid friendship and understanding of boundaries. Regardless it sounds like you enjoyed it - so bring it on again I say!

Labels