Thursday, May 24, 2007

WIN...!

What an all-over-the-place week it has been in the ongoing saga that is my life! Thankfully, things are heading in the upward direction after hitting rock bottom yesterday (Wednesday). Wednesdays are becoming my bad day when they used to be one of my best days!

BUT after all the bad stuff that happened yesterday, I spent the evening watching State of Origin 1 - for those non-Rugby League afilliated readers, State of Origin is a 3 game series played between teams from the states of Queensland (the best) and New South Wales. So, I purchased myself a 6 pack of XXXX beer - the only beer any self respecting Queenslander will drink during SoO...I needn't add that I never drink it at any other time; the stuff is horrible - and settled myself down in front of the TV to watch the Mighty Queensland Maroons whip the butts of the hopeless New South Wales Blues! It was a much needed happy ending for a miserable day.

Today, I feel better, having had a good night's sleep and am feeling less emotionally fragile. It's Pink Shirt Thursday as well, and I'm looking pretty damn fine in my latest pink shirt (if I do say so myself). The Cute Gay Work Guy has latched onto PST with a vengence and is harrassing all the guys in our office to wear pink shirts as well. He's wanting to hand out membership cards willy nilly so I think I may have reign him in a bit - his enthusiasm is good but we can't have every Tom Dick or Harry sporting membership cards! It would ruin the exclusivity that accompanies ownership of said PST Card.

9 comments:

Tom said...

Go the blues! *duck* Actually in case you hadn't noticed I don't really give a shit about Origin or any other sport! Pleased to be out of the country for it!

I've boycotted PST the last couple of weeks. I have plenty of pink work shirts but not a single casual shirt. Once the fad reaches the masses we'll have to come up with something else to regain a little exclusivity! :P

nash said...

Glad today was an improvement for you Monty. It would be for me too if there was a lovely pic of PST...

Tales of the City said...

Monty... as requested. PST pic on my blog.. from the otherside of the world. Was it aussie rules footie? That always used to get me ... ermm.. excited.

Monty said...

Nash, you're always welcome to post your own PST pic...HINT! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Monty, PST is brilliant. I look forward to seeing if it takes off spontaneously among all my str8 colleagues. Then I will barrel them up and demand to see their card :D

Hmmm, perhaps I should start wearing pink shirts first...

Hope the weekend brings relief from the stress ...

Monty said...

Paul...yes, you do need to start wearing them first! And then post a pic! THEN you get your PST Membership card! LOL Hope it catches on in Melbourne! ;-)

CCTG...it wasn't Aussie Rules...it's was Rugby League. But the boys are just as hunky!

Christiaan Kidd said...

Why such a stressful week, Montylicious? Thought work was quite cruisy for you... you know...feet up on desk cruising the internet and stuff?

Hopefully it will get better tomorrow night when you see 'Holding the Man' at the Opera House and dinner prior???

That might put a smile on your dial?

PM x

Englishman in London said...

Hey YOU!

Chin up.

Nolite te bastardum conundrum.

I think that is right!

; )

IAN said...

I'll probably regret saying this BUT.........just remember it's the best out of three so it ain't over yet!

Labels