Friday, December 28, 2007

Post-Christmas...

Well, I'm back in Sydney and I'm well rested, extremely relaxed and just a touch sunburned. Nothing too dramatic, just the back of my legs, my lower back and a patch on my left shoulder blade where I obviously missed putting the sunscreen on.

But I did have a great time down at the South Coast. Weather was pretty damn fine - apart from a big storm Christmas eve, it was sunny and warm. I made my Beer-up-the-bum Chicken on Christmas night, as well as a strawberry pavlova for dessert so we were feeling very fat!

Mark and Sim rang us Christmas night, and we opened our respective presents whilst on the phone. And what did they get me??? Yes, the present that finally dragged me into the 21st Century, an IPod Nano! I was very excited about that! I've spent half of today trying to download songs to it and I've mostly succeeded. So it has been the BEST present!

I had originally planned on coming back today (Friday) however yesterday was a bit overcast and I was really fanging to get back to Sydney and to life! So I took off early, and I have to say, the drive back was good. The traffic southbound however was absolutely chokka block, stop start all the way. I would not have wanted to be in their shoes!

Today, after a sleep in, I cleaned up around home, did my washing, and sorted some stuff out. And then, hit David Jones' half-yearly clearance! And bought up a storm! Got myself a new suit (to match my new job which I start on the 7th) and a new shirt and tie. I still want to buy another suit and some more shirts/ties. Also got some more wine glasses, tumblers and a dinner set. So I was pretty chuffed about that.

So it's been a great Christmas, and this weekend should be pretty good too. And then, NYE! I can't wait!

Oh, and thank you to all who sms'd me xmas wishes over the past few days. It was lovely to hear from you!

2 comments:

Phil said...

Good to hear you had a nice Christmas & the break "down South" went well.

Hope you have a fun NYE, and look forward to catching up sometime in the New Year.

Have a gr8 '08 :-)

Cheers
Phil

IAN said...

you'll be all set for some grand entertaining with your new plates and glasses

Labels