Sunday, December 23, 2007

Dinner Party...the next day

What a night I had! The dinner party was excellent; I really had a great time. The food - well, the veal was a little, ummm, well cooked shall we say. But the entree and dessert worked perfectly. We managed to consume 6 bottles of wine between the 6 of us, which is impressive considering that three of the party were driving and so the burden of alcohol consumption fell mainly on the remaining three of us.

But I think the best part of the night was simply the enjoyment of friendship! Four of the guests - Evan, McDreamy, DG and Jacqui - have played a significant part in my life in 2007, being there for me, supporting me, laughing with me, providing shoulders to cry on (figuratively and literally), and so it was very special for me to have them over. One of the guests was a new friend (and fellow blogger) Mike and it was great to see that everyone got on very well; there were plenty of laughs throughout the night.

I was exhausted by the end, but also energized and exhilarated. I love spending time with friends, and when you can do it in relaxed surroundings, it's just fantastic. I think last night was a great way to say goodbye to 2007 with those guys, as we're all going our separate ways for Christmas and won't all be together again before next year.

Today was the clean up and was there lots of that!!! But it was very worthwhile!

2 comments:

Canberrabiker said...

A good dinner party is really enjoyable - when the group clicks and the conversation (and wine) flows, it's great. Congrats on yours, sounds like you had a hoot.

I'm starting to plan my New Year's Eve dinner party now.

kevin said...

Good to hear you had a great time. Good luck with the washing up!

I see it's 24c in Sydney today (Just been watching the Aussie 9 News) so enjoy the warm day and have a great christmas,

Heaps of hugs,
Kev in NZ

Labels