Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I'm a little bit excited...

I had met with the Executive Manager of another section of the Bank before I went on holidays, as a couple of my former colleagues (including my friend Jacqui) worked for him now and they suggested that I would be a great addition to his team. So we met, had a chat and that was about it. There wasn't a job on offer at the time, but he told me he'd keep me in mind. When I got back from holidays, there was an email waiting for me, from the EM. He told me that there was a likelihood of a job coming up and would I like to formally apply. Naturally, I applied. We met about 2 weeks ago, along with his General Manager for a formal interview.

Today, he rang me to formally offer me the job! The Contract is still to be drawn up etc, but based on what my new EM has emailed me, it represents a 25% payrise which will come in very handy. I'll be performing pretty much the same job as I am currently, however with significantly fewer clients, but who are of much higher value to the Bank. It's a senior portfolio within our Private Bank and so it will be much more challenging, but also quite interesting! So I'm just a little bit excited!!!

5 comments:

Mike said...

Congratulations, and that 25% will come in handy: I've just been working on my Xmas want list...

Monty said...

Mike, I was hoping you'd say..."All I want for Christmas...is YOU!" LOL

Single Guy said...

Congrats Monty! That's great! drinks on you!

Peter said...

Go for it!

Englishman in London said...

Great news!

This year I can expect my Christmas card to arrive on time - first class instead of second class mail!

So now there will be a European tour next year too! Hurrah!

BIG congratulations x

Labels