Thursday, September 27, 2007

Where's the week gone...?`

I'm exhausted! This week has flown past and I've been absolutely flat out! It's been a fun week, but I still can't quite believe that it's Thursday night already! I've been going flat strap at work and I'm still struggling to finish everything I need to before COB tomorrow...but finish it I will.

It was great to meet up with Evan, McDreamy and Muzbot on Tuesday night - my three favourite friends in one place - how good can it get! Evan and McDreamy left around 9pm and then Muz and I got down to seriously deep stuff; we started talking about my parents' reaction to my coming out and even though it's been almost a year since then, it's still a topic that gets me emotional. I don't think Muz was expecting quite the reaction that I had, and to be honest, neither did I. I've been always quite good at compartmentalising my life, and so I generally just try not to think about my parents because it is still a very painful issue for me. But when I discussed it with my friend Jacqui several weeks ago, I burst into tears in the middle of Bar 333 on George St - not exactly what a 36 yr old guy would normally do. However, because I'd had this release, I thought when I was talking about it with Muz that I'd be in a better position to cope with it...but apparently not! But it was still good to talk to him about it, and I really appreciated his support. So the night was a really good one for me.

Last night, I caught up with C3 - he's been in the Simpson desert for the past couple of weeks and this was actually the first time we've met up face to face since we broke up. But it was really good actually - had some laughs and I caught him up on my past few weeks (Bruce and Sam).

And today, worked my arse off...didn't leave work until 8pm which is appalling for me! BUT only ONE DAY TO GO!!!!! And then I'm on holidays! Yay! Can't wait!

4 comments:

Campbell said...

The parent/child relationship is a significant one that can have an effect and even perhaps a hold on us well into adulthood, no matter how much we are able to intellectualize the relationship. It just plain stinks that they reacted the way they did.
I hope tomorrow is manageable Monty and you have a few relaxing days before flying out next week!

Darth Gateau said...

Free evening : Check
Ice : Check
Champagne : Check
Sample of UK
Bloggers : Check
Location : Bugger! - need to
wotk on that

Brechi said...

Sounds like Muz is a pretty good soundboard for things ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG, I had completely forgotten that my original moniker on your blog was C3....

Was nice catching up with you the other night, Monty. Have a great trip to Europe, and see you some time in December. (I'll be off to Sri Lanka before you get back, I suspect.)

Hugs,
ZoologyBoy

Labels