Wednesday, September 05, 2007

APEC and other miscellaneous mutterings...

It's APEC week here in the Emerald City and nothing really seemed that different on Monday and Tuesday to be honest. However, today I walked out at lunch time and the city seemed so empty! Maybe everyone is busy protesting, maybe they're all just avoiding the city now that George W Bush (and his entourage) is in town. But it was very strange walking down the footpaths and in the stores without battling the usual lunchtime crowds.



This is dangerous for Monty, as I did go into Myer at lunchtime - I needed to purchase a relatively inexpensive photo frame and so thought one from Myer would do. I waltzed into Myer, up the mostly empty escalator, turned and my eyes fell upon a sign advertising a 20% discount on shoes! Well, a couple of hundred dollars later, I had purchased myself a pair of lovely black boots and I continued up the escalator. I did get my photo frame (also 25% off) but then, I wandered into the DVD/CD section (Myer is a department store for all of our non-Aussie readers). And so I ended up buying myself a CD as well. So, the plan had been a $12 photo frame and instead, $250 poorer, I walked out of the store! Don't you just love those expeditions!



Bruce update (yes, I know that's what you're really wanting to hear about) - we had a lovely night out last night - just had a bottle of wine with dinner at the White Horse Inn then toddled over to this smashing little Italian place for dessert (magnificent Panna Cotta) with a lovely Yalumba Botrytis Viognier. We then stumbled back to his place and went to bed. I think we've achieved quite a good equilibrium in our relationship now - we had a great night out, there's no awkwardness between us; in bed, we fit well together. It's funny, I normally sleep on the right hand side of the bed. So does Bruce. And so, whenever we've slept together (which is getting to be quite a lot of times), I've slept on the left hand side. Last night, he got in on the left hand side - and so I was quite excited about sleeping on the right hand side. But get this - I couldn't sleep! I was snuggled up to him (naturally) but just could not get comfortable. Half way through the night, he got up to go to the loo, and so I slid over to the other side and when he got back into bed, I snuggled back up to him and it just felt right this time. And of course, I went straight to sleep! I've realized that I can't sleep with him unless I'm on the left hand side of the bed! I can't believe this has happened, but it's amazing how it does! I've got to say, I've not enjoyed sleeping with someone more - and that is despite the fact that there's no shagging happening. In fact, I'm beginning to think it's because there's no shagging, that it's so good. It certainly gives our relationship a different dynamic - which is very much working for both of us.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

still loving this adventure of yours... thanks for sharing it

Tom said...

Botrytis Viognier... that's novel. I wouldn't have thought viognier would stand up to being botrytised. It normally needs something pretty acidic to begin with like semillon. Was it good?

Tom said...

Oh yeah... good news you and Bruce are getting on so well too! :)

kevin said...

I am so happy to hear that you and Bruce are going good. There are not many people in the world who we feel comfortable with so enjoy the experience. I think im getting some good vibes for you both!!

I hope the city is still quiet for you. If you see Helen Clark over there, say hi from me. I guess the security must be very discreet!

I had the same experience when i went to Myers sale in Brisbane in June. I went in there to buy some facewash and walked out with a pair of Jeans, a shirt and some cologne! sheeeesh.
Im just thankful Myers hasnt invaded NZ yet.

Have a great day in Sydney and i wanna know if you see any of the visiting leaders.

Kev in NZ

Monty said...

Tom, Yalumba are the biggest proponents of Viognier so if anyone is going to be able to do a Botrytis Vignier, they are! It didn't feel like a real sticky sticky, but was a relatively light dessert wine - very nice, perfect with the panna cotta!!!

T said...

gee whiz Monty - you guys have incredible self control ... I would have snuck under the sheets and started seriously playing around just for fun by now [actually on the second date not weeks later] !!

This is a terrible image of gay men you are portraying : please release the slut within !!!! lol

xxxxx

Canberrabiker said...

mmmmmm - Panna and Cotta are my two most favourite words in the English language!

Re APEC - don't you think the security is just a tincy wincy bit OTT ?

Joshua Carrey said...

hey, thanks for your comment on my blog. I am still struggling with my slutty aspirations, but keep reading and hopefully you will see some major improvements! I am determined to break free from my frigid shackles to become a bona fide man-whore!!

Sh@ney said...

Sounds ever sooooooooo charming my friend!...I thought most people preferred a side of the bed...But I find it difficult to sleep if someone is wrapped around me like a snake...I like to rest my head near his arm pit and have one arm around his waist, that way if I want to kiss him softly on the neck or give him rub down below I'm in the prime position...Ooops!

Monty said...

Shaney, that sounds like one of my fave positions too! Bruce and I occasionally "snake", but it's usually only for a short duration. ;-)

Tales of the City said...

Yep.. whats with the self control? Dont you have raging ..erm.. whatevers to deal with?

Labels