Friday, September 14, 2007

A parting of ways...

It was bound to happen eventually...I went over to Bruce's on Wednesday night for dinner and for a chat. We had our chat and fundamentally, he told me that he didn't think "we" had a future as a couple, that whilst he really likes me, enjoys my company etc, I'm not Mr Right for him. It didn't really come as a great surprise, and I'd much prefer he told me that now, then allowing things to go along as they had. He felt the same - he didn't want to hurt me by stringing me along. He said I was "much too nice" for him and that I "deserved better" than him. He sent me a lovely email yesterday...

"I want to maintain our friendship. I REALLY enjoy your company and hope that in time we can become ‘family’….just my way of describing people that I have chosen to be part of my life forever.

I am glad that I met you [Monty]. And I am not going to disappear unless you need me to.

Now, go and get laid will you...!"

I really like Bruce, I had a great time getting to know him, spending time with him, and I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping with him!!! We had a great 4 weeks together, but now it's time to move on for both of us. He's going to start dating other guys, and I'm going to take his email advice and get laid!!! LOL

And the great thing is I've made myself another friend! I truly hope that we'll be able to build on the friendship that we've started. I suppose the only thing that did get me down a bit was the fact that I seem to have a knack for finding and falling for guys that end up wanting to be friends! BUT, if there's one thing that I've learned about myself over the past twelve months, it's that I'm a pretty resilliant kinda guy! A couple of nights of good sleep, a great night out last night (dinner, a few beers, a long chat and lots of laughs) with my mate Muzbot and I'm feeling fine! And ready to shag! The boys of Sydney...Watch out!!! he he he!

8 comments:

Christerbjorn said...

Monty, Monty, Monty,
How do you do it? Your resillience is admirable, maybe you need to try a different source for finding your guy. As you know I'm a huge advocate of Gaydar, I got very lucky. Maybe a few nights out at Stonewall, or if you want the edgier sort of guy, Action is on at Phoenix Sat night, alot of hot guys without shirts on dancing, probably fueled by drugs, somehow I can't see that appealing to you. You me and Evan can go to Manacle and find some Leatherman for you, that seems to tickle your fancy somewhat. I think we should have a good talk about this Saturday night.
Bum up and go get Laid.
McDreamy.

GB said...

Yeah, well, even if these guys just end up wanting to be friends, you're still sleeping with them along the way :-).

GB xxx

Tom said...

When are you and Muzbot getting together?! ;)

*runs away as fast as he can!*

Single Guy said...

I have to second McDreamy's comments. I'm so sorry Monty...but you always have a great attitude:) I've said it many times, you are a truly fantastic guy and I think that will meet a wonderful person very soon but in the meantime..have lots of fun:)

Volacious said...

Hey Monty!
Sounds like it was a pretty amiable breakup... can't hope for much more than that!

I agree though.. go get laid! heheh

Canberrabiker said...

Monty, I think you and I both need to head off to Oxford Street !

W said...

I feel an affinity for your resilience. I am kinda that way too.Goodluck, with the manhunt!

In NA Manhunt.com seems to be pretty successful. I've met some really cool people, one of whom swears by Sydney.Have a great week ahead.

Nice blog, btw.

--
Whittle
http://whittleetal.blogspot.com

Monty said...

Hey guys, thanks for your messages! McDreamy, it was a great night on Sat - lots of fun and more!!! Thanks!
GB - True true...no complaints here!
Tom - *slap*
NSSG - thanks, you're a sweetie!
Volacious - hey, nice to hear from you! :-)
CB - next time you're in Sydney for the weekend, let me know - we must meet up for a drink or something!
Whittle - hey, great to have a new reader! Thanks for your message!

Labels