Monday, September 24, 2007

The Calm before the storm...

What a lovely weekend! I had a smashing date with Sam on Friday night - we went to a nice little Italian restaurant on Norton St in Leichhardt (Little Italy for non-Sydney-siders) and then wandered back to his place afterwards and watched the original Hairspray on DVD - we had planned on seeing the new version (the John Travolta one) at the movies however Sam thought I needed to see the Ricki Lake/Divine version first. And I must admit, I really was feeling like a night in...snuggling with him on the couch, watching the movie, was a far more pleasant way to spend a couple of hours than sitting at a cinema.

He has one very bad habit of which I have become aware - he doesn't sleep in! Once he's awake in the morning, he's up and at 'em! Whereas me - well, the more sleeping in, the better! It's one of my favourite things to do on a weekend! And particularly sleeping in with a hot guy like Sam...mmmmmmmm! Anyway, a minor fault which I shall endeavour to work on...maybe!

The rest of the weekend was quiet and relaxed, which is probably a good thing, considering the insanity that's going to be my life come Friday, when I finish work for 6 glorious weeks!!! I think this weekend was the calm before the storm! Next Friday night, I'm celebrating my freedom with drinks (and no doubt more drinks) with some work colleagues and whoever else wants to join me! Sunday, I'm having a smallish soiree at my place for a few of my friends which will doubtless be quite alcoholic and, I'm expecting, reasonably loud. And from then on, it's the lead up to my departure and so it's going to be busy busy busy! So I needed this weekend just to get a bit of zen in my life!

Speaking of which, yesterday (Sunday) was a bit of a day for eye-candy! It was smashing weather, maybe 22, 23 degrees C and buckets of sunshine! After lunch, I wandered down to the park and sat there in the sun reading my book and enjoying the open air. And enjoying the three hot, shirtless, straight guys who were playing with the football. Yummmo! I assumed they were straight because their girlfriends were sitting in the shade cheering them on. Wenches!

And I discovered the joys of late Sunday afternoon grocery shopping. Normally, I do my groceries around lunchtime on a Sunday, however due to the abovementioned expedition to the park, went much later yesterday. Well, it seems that all the delicious daddies come out in force at the supermarket late on Sundays! The Lower North Shore is a rather straight area of Sydney - one can often feel like the "only gay in the village" - although doubtless there are still gay guys there. Well, I'm one; Muzbot and Tom also live nearby, so there's at least 3 of us! LOL Anyway, walzing around the supermarket aisles was a rather pleasant experience with all these DILF's walking around with their wedding rings, kids and shopping trolleys! sigh...

A good weekend all round. And it's my last week at work! Yay! I'm counting the hours left at work now which is rather exciting!

10 comments:

Muzbot said...

MMMmmmm North Shore DILF's.....
Especially when they have a 4yo son in toe who loves looking at motorbikes in a supermarket carpark. :) But I digress.

As for your man, "Up and at 'em" is hardly a fault. You just need to learn how to take advantage of the early morning riser.. ahem, speaking from an experienced early morning riser's point of view ;)

Monty said...

Ahem, well, I think I've probably taken advantage of my fair share of early risers in my time - I just prefer to take advantage of them later in the morning! LOL

Canberrabiker said...

Ahhh one of the joys of shopping - in fact just about the only joy of shopping - checking out the eye candy...

Tom said...

It's actually reasonably gay, not quite Darlo but nearly, according to this.

Sh@ney said...

That is the same situation I have here with my housemate. I bound out of bed in the morning, while he lies in for as long as he possibly can. However I & he are not anting to stay in and share cuddles so there is a distinct difference. You seem to be enjoying this man, which is lovely of course. One more week, & it will just slip by, you got so much going on before you even realise it, you will be sitting at the airport waiting to board! How exciting it must feel huh. Good for you my friend. xoxo

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I'm sure you can get him back to bed if you put your mind to it.

kevin said...

You should have joined the boys and ripped your shirt off too. I'm sure they would have loved you to join in.

Perhaps next time...

Kev in NZ

Darth Gateau said...

I hate grocery shopping so I miss all of those sexy dad types. However, I live on a dock just teaming with ducks, swans and geese so there is never a shortage of sexy dads and little ones clutching fists full of bread on Saturday and Sunday afternoons to watch...

Joshua Carrey said...

Hey Monty, thank you for your supportive comments. You are very sweet!

I readily admitted that my behaviour was foolish, so I was quite shocked by how judgemental some people can be. It is clearly is sore subject - and with good reason - so I can understand why some people had such aggressive reactions.

I'm glad that your comments were so understanding. Like you said, we all make mistakes. The important thing is that we learn from them.

Brechi said...

I certainly have a thing for DILFs too ;)

Labels