Sunday, June 10, 2007

Rain...feel it on my fingertips...

It's been a wild and woolly weekend here in the Emerald City! Rain aplenty, in fact, they are saying we've not had a storm like this in 30 yrs! It's cold, wet and windy...thankfully, today the wind has died down and it's only showering intermittently. The sun is also desperately trying to make an appearance; there are glimpses of blue betwix the dark and stormy clouds...Perfect weather for snuggling! PERFECT!!! And, for all of those non-Sydneysiders, it's also Queens Birthday long weekend! Yay! Yes, that's right, the English don't get a day off for the Queens Birthday, but us here in the colonies do! he he he!

Anyway, I didn't really have anything planned for this weekend socially. It was going to be a play-it-by-ear kinda weekend, combined with a "chill out, sleep in, do little" plan. So far, it's turned out quite well in achieving all of the above! I've definitely chilled, totally slept in and I have done very little! 100% of plan. And it's still been quite social really. Yesterday, I had my monthly massage with my hunky masseur - it's very sad for me because he's decided to move to London in a couple of months! Arghhhh! I'll need to find a new one! (It's good for all you Londoners because he gives a sensational massage...so if you want his details, let me know!) After that, I caught up with PC for a cup of tea (he's English so what would you expect) and a chat which was lovely. Yesterday was such a day for being inside drinking hot beverages and chatting. The weather virtually demanded that kind of activity. And then last night, I had a date. Yes, that's right, Monty's back dating! I know I said a couple of weeks ago that I was going to, but I hadn't actually done much about it. I did, after GIQ and I initially "broke up", go out on a dinner date with a doctor that I had chatted to via GD. But that had been it. And so yesterday, I messaged the Doctor to see if he was free; he was, and so he came over last night and we had take-away (or rather, home delivery) Indian and watched a DVD (and snuggled). It was rather pleasant I must say! Last night was not a night to be out and about, and so staying in, heating on, hot food in one's tummy, and snuggling with a hot guy, was most warming to my soul! I wasn't up to meeting a new guy, so this was an easy transition back into the dating scene. I don't think the Doctor is Mr Right, but he's certainly got friend potential...and he's a sensational snuggler! he he he! Handy to have over the coming winter months! (just as an aside, Doctors seem to be The Thing at the moment...my friend Evan has also just started seeing a Doctor)

So, things are looking up again. I'm feeling pretty cool, calm and collected after my brain (or rather heart) explosion last week. And it was heartening to have such positive feedback from my last blog post - thank you so much to those of you who left a comment! Very touched by your lovely expressions (and advice)!

My friend Matt (from London) also comes in less than 2 weeks time now and it's going to be a busy but fun weekend with him and my friends. So no complaints from this quarter! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Yes please I want details. Hunky & a masseur - brilliant. But quick question first, where does he massage, at his or yours? I just broke it to my aunt that I'm gay and I doubt she'll appreciate a hunky male massuer turning up on my doorstep so soon.

Snuggles on a first date? Geez thats a touch fast, no?

Glad to hear things are better in Monty's World. Bring on the cold weather and the cuddly doctor ;o)

PS - YOU'RE WELCOME

Campbell said...

Your man is just around the corner Monty. Get back out there, don't close yourself off too much and, most importantly, HAVE FUN - especially when Matt arrives.

Tales of the City said...

Hunky masseur.. London.. knotty shoulder... eerrmmm .. yep details please.
PS A doctor in the house is always cool.. ;-)

altraeis said...

Well said Campbell.....enjoy yuor lilfe and cram as much fun and frivolity into it as you can. You only live once as they say, so why not enjoy it.

Labels