Sunday, December 31, 2006

I think I'm turning into...


I started writing this blog 31 December 2006 thinking I'd do a review of the year that was. But I wasn't really inspired and so it's now 10 January 2007 and I'm finally re-writing.

I'm currently still frantically dating as many guys as I can, with the consequence that I'm feelilng a little fatigued! "Dating fatigue" if there is such a thing. It's a funny situation I find myself in - something I've never experienced before but from what I can ascertain, is quite common amongst gay guys. DG is quite the expert and has set high standards for the rest of us. I'm currently trying to beat his all time record of having 9 dates on one weekend. My best so far is 5 dates in two days! It is sometimes a bit of a whirlwind, and I feel like I'm turning into the Dating Guy (but for Trademark purposes, I'll remain Monty)!

Is it that we think that there is always something better out there? The thing is that I am seeing a lovely guy - he works in a foreign consulate here in Sydney. PC and I have been seeing each other since before Christmas. We've been shagging which is most pleasant, and we seem to get on very well. I'm excited every time I see him and he turns me on very easily! However, he's pretty happy with things as is, and doesn't feel that we should be in a "relationship" as such because of my relative newness to the gay scene. It's a pretty casual kind of affair really - he's a bit of a laid back guy. He's very happy for me to see other guys and so that's what I am doing. I too am wanting to meet other guys as well, but the more I see PC, the less reason there seems to keep on dating. I do actually quite like the guy. I'm not shagging anyone else and wouldn't unless I told him first, but he fully expects that I should be out there shagging as well (safely of course).

And so, I am spending most week nights meeting up with new guys that I have met on Gaydar. Most are pretty nice guys, after the first few disasters, however I have not felt the same chemistry with them that I felt when I first met PC. It's fun, but there is a sameness to the dates as you go over the same information exchange - travel, family, employment etc.

Everyone says that I really need to get out and explore, meet new men to work out what I am really looking for, given my relative inexperience in gay relationships. But my nature (and nurture) keeps steering me towards dating one person at a time. It's a dilemna which so far I've ignored but the more I see PC, the more keeps tapping me on the shoulder!

The other thing is that I have met one other guy who shall remain nameless for the time being. Physically, he doesn't fit my general criteria, however I get on very well with him, he's a good conversationalist and is quite cute. I hesitate to formally ask him out, as he does move in my general social circle and so it's a bit trickier, particularly if things don't go well. But I do really like him!

So it's a conflict between my natural desire to settle down with one guy (which at this moment would be PC), the thrill of the chase with the Gaydar masses (and it is a thrill), or the cerebral delights of dating a friend.

Hmmmmmmm...! What's a boy to do???

1 comment:

Single Guy said...

hmmm...you are right in observing that the whole dating thing can be exhausting...I did it for like five years and I'm so glad to be in a relationship! I did not realise how much time and energy I actually spent on dating and looking for new people:)

I think you should see how things go with the consul guy and definately ask the other boi out!

Labels