Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Weekend That Was...

I can't believe how busy it is this week! I thought last week was bad, but it was nothing, relatively speaking! It feels like my stomach is in a big knot from the minute I walk into work and it gradually gets twisted more and more as the day progresses. Thank goodness, come Friday at 5pm, I will walk out of work and whatever is done is done, and whatever isn't done, well, isn't going to be done this financial year. Why do people leave it to the last minute to organize themselves and their finances???

Anyway, this post is not meant to be about work - it's meant to be about the weekend. And what a weekend it was! It was awesome to pick Matt up at the airport on Friday night - this tall, hot and well dressed guy walked out of the gate, came up to me and gave me a very big hug and it felt gooood! I'd forgotten how good looking he is! We had tentatively planned to go out to a bar or something straight from the airport, but he suggested grabbing a bottle of wine and going straight home! Being the gracious host I am, I quickly acquiesced (yeah, such a struggle) and drove him home. Being the well planned host I am, I already had a bottle of champers in the fridge! he he he! So, we consumed that over a good dose of conversation! It was amazing how quickly the hours flew and even more amazing that I hadn't jumped on him the moment he walked into my apartment! But I showed great restraint, and to be honest, seriously just wanted to chat. Nature took its course eventually and I'll be saying no more! *wink*

It was lovely to wake up next to him the next morning, particuarly because it was such a beautiful morning, the past three Saturdays being rainy. And it was even more lovely to then doze again, wake up, snuggle some more, and doze again. We eventually dragged ourselves out of bed at midday and walked down to one of the cafes on Blues Point Rd and had ourselves a wonderful brunch in the sunlight! The delightful, warm sun! Walked across the Harbour Bridge, with the harbour just sparkling! A relaxed beer at the Glenmore Hotel overlooking Circular Quay followed, with a hot chocolate from Starbucks sustaining us for the quick train trip home. And then Saturday night!

What can I say about Saturday night? FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC! It was seriously one of the best nights out I have had in a long long time! James and Jacqui collected us in the taxi and we motored into Cockle Bay Wharf where we met Evan and his Doctor (who, at Evan's request, shall be called McDreamy from now on) at Chinta Ria, a Malaysian restaurant. I was a tad nervous about this, as Evan, James & Jacqui and Matt had not met each other, and I had never met McDreamy. So I was unsure how the dynamics would be! No worries there! Everyone got on like a house on fire, with McDreamy being one of the funniest and most entertaining guys I have ever met! I relaxed big time and after the 6 of us had consumed 4 bottles of wine, all of us were most relaxed indeed! We then toddled across the pedestrian bridge to Star City and attended Priscilla, The Musical. I have seen Priscilla before, about 3 months ago, but this time was even more fun! We seriously (if I can use that word) had an awesome night! Lots of laughs (in and out of the theatre), a few cocktails and a bit of gayducation for James and Jacqui!

Sunday was much more of a chilled out day and being a little overcast, suited us to a T! Lunch, a movie (The Fabulous 4 sequel Rise of the Silver Surfer with that hottie Chris Evans), dinner and home for a DVD, snuggled on the couch. How good is that!

Yesterday, we jumped on the train into the city and we parted company at Wynyard station - me to work, Matt to the Airport line and thence to Melbourne. I was thoroughly knackered and more than a little melancholy! We had a FUN weekend and I got to know Matt a bit better, to build on the friendship that started 9 months ago as just a couple of shags in London. James and Jacqui got to meet Evan finally, after hearing so much about him, and I got to meet McDreamy! And just for the record, I think Evan and McDreamy have both scored BIG TIME!

The weekend, to sum up, felt like a holiday! Which was perfect! I seriously needed a weekend like that! I can't wait to see Matt again, when I go over to London in October.

And I can't wait for this week to be over! Bring on 1 July!

4 comments:

Muzbot said...

You're killing me Monty: "with McDreamy being one of the funniest and most entertaining guys I have ever met!"... seriously, Damn-it! <- you know what I mean.
Anyhoo... Sounds like a top weekend, and you got to get up at midday with your guest! Could you ask for anything more? Good one. :)

Campbell said...

Sounds like a great weekend Monty - glad you had fun.
Only three more sleeps till New Year for you! Hang in there.

Tom said...

LOL... 1st July is only the beginning!

Monty said...

Muz, I feel your pain. As for asking for anything more...ummm, how about getting up at 2pm Sunday? he he he!
Campbell...it feels like about a thousand sleeps to go...cannot wait!
Tom, yes, it is the beginning, but there's 366 days until the end, and so it's long away enough not to think about it!

Labels