Friday, May 09, 2008

The L-Word...

And NO, I'm not becoming a Lesbian! The L-Word I'm referring to is THAT one...yes, dear readers, LOVE!

Why do I bring up THAT subject? Because it's raised its head! Now, I've never actually been "in love" before - had plenty of infactuations (mostly unrequited) in my time of course, but not the real deal. When I was in my twenties (before I realized definitively that I was gay), although I had flirtatious relationships with girls, I never felt like I wanted to be in a relationship with one. Once I knew for sure that I was gay, I avoided relationships with girls for obvious reasons. And so it's only since I've been out - 22 months and counting - that I've been open to the idea of a relationship ergo LOVE. And as you, my dear readers, are aware, since then I've certainly been out there trying to find Mr Right - and finding lots of Mr Right Nows (and the odd Mr Oh-What-the-Hell-Were-You-Thinking-Of)! That is, until I met McBrad. Ahhh, the gorgeous McBrad.


He actually said the L word on the Anzac weekend down at the beach house. But I didn't want to respond in kind at the time because it would've been just a "me too" response. Although I was definitely feeling things for him, and was HUGELY attracted to him, I didn't want to say the L word willy nilly. Because I've not said it to anyone before (in a romantic sense), I didn't want to use it frivolously - in the throes of passion or when I was inebriated. I didn't want to say it until I was sure of my feelings, that I was sure I'd met someone that I wanted to be with for the forseeable future.


And so last weekend, we were lying in bed talking - proper serious talking, the relationship kinda stuff - and it just came out - naturally and honestly and soberly! And boy, did it feel good! McBrad obviously liked it and definitely showed me how much he liked it - WOW!!! But I was really happy that I did hold out until I was ready for it. (Not that he pressured me or anything - that was the really nice thing. He wanted me to know how he felt and was happy to wait until I could respond) And now, I just want to keep telling him! I don't of course - don't want to overdo it, but it's just such a liberating thing! I love McBrad!!! And I want eveyone to know! Wahooooo! :-)


The only slight problem is that my friends Jacqui and Dan are copping earfuls nearly every day about how gorgeous he is, what a wonderful man he is, how in love I am etc etc and they are just about ready to strangle me next time I mention his name! So I need to reign it in a bit with them.


On other related topics - we merged our diaries this week! No small task, let me say! And now, May has suddenly gone from being quite a busy month to being totally chokka block with social activities! And can I say, there seems to be an inordinately large number of birthdays in May! Not sure why. ..


I'm staying at McBrad's this weekend which will be fantastic too!


Anyway, I will try and blog about some other topic soon, just so that you don't get bored out of your brain with posts about how much I'm in lurrrve! Hope everyone has a great weekend!


Monty! xxx

14 comments:

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Mister.. you can brag all you like... hell you can go on and on and on.. we'll be (or at least I will be).. very happy for you.

Congrats on the whole outing your love for each other.

(((HUGS)))

Darwin said...

Brilliant! It is the best feeling ever!

Enjoy your weekend with your gorgeous boyfriend...

Peter said...

B., why stop bragging about McBrad, we're just happy for you... and a little jealous in the process too. ;-)

(((HUGS)))

Bill said...

What a touching and beautiful article :) I've been reading your blog for a few months now and like the straightforward and honest way you express yourself. Good luck for your futures, whatever it may bring ...

K said...

Fantastic and congratulations!
I think I'm safe to say all your readers are very happy for you. You can brag / blog as much as you want to us about McBrad and we will just lap it up! lol!

Cheers Ky

Cahill's Rest said...

Women's Weekly just called....they want you and McBrad for next mth's cover

Darth Gateau said...

tut!
you big soppy girl.





;¬)

Anonymous said...

We are very happy for you.
But we're curious abt how gorgeous he is. Any photo? :-)

Single Guy said...

That's great Monty! Congrats. You of all people deserves lots of LOVE! I guess I'll see you boys next week!

Poobaba said...

Your post has put a big huge smile on my face. Just remember being in love isn't about words but actions as well. McBrad has taken a huge step and I don't think he'd tell you he loves you if he didn't think you were reading off the same page.

Nx

Superchilled said...

I expect life will be seen with a completely different perspective from now on.
Enjoy the new view.
X
Trevor.

Monty said...

WOW! Didn't expect such a response - thank you all for your lovely comments! :-)

T said...

LLL = Long Live Love.

XXX

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Here was mine x

Labels