Monday, May 19, 2008

Life as a couple...

I was talking with my friend Jacqui this morning, telling her my adventures over the weekend and she made an interesting comment which got me thinking how much my life has changed in the past couple of months.

As per usual, I spent the weekend at McBrad's place and we decided early Saturday arvo to pop over to a little park in Newtown that McBrad loves, as it's near his favourite cafe (Cafe Ism for those who like to know) and Noodle can run around in the park. We stopped off at the local pet supplies shop on the way, as we wanted to get Noodle a new collar - McBrad had seen other dogs with collars that had lights on them and thought it'd be great for Noodle. Anyway, we found a fantastic little sparkly light thingy that attaches to a collar and so we bought that for her instead. I was quite excited about it - it looks fabulous at night - because this was officially my first gift to Noodle as her "uncle". Anyway, I was telling Jacqui this story this morning and she looked at me and said..."Is this the most exciting thing that happened to you on the weekend? You bought a light for a dog collar!"


And I looked at her and thought - how true! But I wasn't that dismayed actually. I love doing those little normal things with McBrad - going shopping, walking Noodle, cooking dinner etc. All the social things we're doing are great, don't get me wrong and it's been really good to meet his friends and for him to meet mine, but doing the ordinary run-of-the-mill things with McBrad make me feel so much like I'm part of a couple. It really feels like we're starting to share a life together instead of living two separate lives. How good is that! :-)


But we did do more than just buy stuff for Noodle, I hasten to add. Saturday night, we attended the Impro Tropicano show that I posted about a few weeks back! It was an awesome night and it was great to see quite a few familiar faces in the audience - friends that I have made over the past 18 months or so. I had hoped to catch up with a fellow blogger - Thoroughly Modern Colin - but alas, couldn't find him in the crowd at half-time. But it was a highly entertaining evening anyway and we ended up after the show going to Mr Mary's in Newtown which was a new experience for me. Interesting place, kinda fun in a quiet way, with some excellent drag shows.


It turned very cold over the weekend - Sunday was delightfully sunny, but with a very chilly breeze so it was lovely to snuggle with my Scottish teddy bear. Who needs electric blankets when McBrad is around to keep me toasty warm! He's going to save me a fortune in heating expenses this winter I think!!! he he he!
The other thing I have noticed (and am finding just a touch challenging) is now that I'm gyming thrice weekly (either straight after work or at lunchtimes) AND spending so many nights at McBrad's place, I've got clothes and toiletries now in three places...my apartment, at work, and at McBrad's. It's a complete juggling act, remembering where everything is, making sure that all the clothes are clean etc. I've duplicated (and in some cases triplicated) my toiletries to try and streamline things and I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but at the moment, it's somewhat tricky. A price I'm more than willing to pay, of course. But just one those little things that you don't think about when you're single and living in just one apartment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had your problems, I would be a happy man indeed! keep the great posts coming Monty

Peter said...

So... when do you move in with McBrad?

Cahill's Rest said...

Monty! Sorry I missed you Saturday night. I arrived late and then the friend I was with, was feeling unwell after the show so I had to take her home. So I didn't get a chance to hang around apart from interval......where I couldn't find you then. Anyway..did you enjoy it? I thought it was fantastic. I had a great time. We should grab a coffee soon!

Tom said...

Glad to hear things are working out with McBrad!

Anonymous said...

it has been great to read of your happiness in this new romance Monty!!

I hope it keeps progressing well, and wish you all the best with it...


Paul

Sh@ney said...

LOL ....Monty that must get quite expensive just having to buy 3 lots of toiletries. Gosh I only have to have them all in the one place and I am always missing something that I need.

I know it screams HOPELESS!

But great to know everythng is still going wonderful for you!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Glad to hear things are so good with McB.

Labels