Friday, May 23, 2008

Cocktails and Canapes - The Morning After...

Well, I have to say, last night was every straight man's dream - a room full of maybe 250 tipsy women and virtually NO competition! We got there - we being 8 girls and 2 gay guys - and seriously, could not see any other men. It wasn't until we were just about to get in that we saw a very sheepish and nervous guy walk to the end of the queue. He looked seriously terrified.

And once we were in, Cosmo's in hand, we walked around and saw another 2 or 3 guys. And that was it. And once the party got into swing, I have to tell you, there were a lot of hungry looking women!!! And not hungry for food!!! I had women giving me the serious eye, I was chatted up by a lady at the bar (methinks she was channelling not so much her inner-Carrie, but her inner-Samantha) and I was the recipient of much flirting from a group of girls at the next table! Even the waiters were fair game by the looks of things, with girls virtually hanging off them as they circulated. Not one man was safe! It was hilarious! I tell you, any right minded straight guy should just do the women's charity events circuit - a guaranteed pick-up every time!!! And these ladies were not unattractive by any means...this was a bunch of SATC style Sydney women! So it's rich pickings for any guy who's on the prowl! ;-)

We all had way too many cosmos - the waiters just kept topping us up - and so we had a whale of a time! It was a perfect evening for a party too - with the full moon rising behind the city buildings and the water sparkling with the city lights! It did feel quite SATC'esque!

Tonight, I'm heading directly to McBrad's as we're having a dinner party and I'm cooking! So naturally, it's going to be a late start for dinner! Should be fun; it's only 6 of us so it's not too daunting. A couple of my friends and a couple of his friends, the perfect mix (we hope).

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

Welcome to my world it's like that every day where I work. Glam women hungry for straight men, with far too few to go around.
Keeps us gays entertained though...

Sh@ney said...

Have a great dinner Monty!!
Hope you cook up some magic and knock the socks off your guests!
*winks*

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

HAHAHA.. they must have been hoping you turn you straight.

I'm sure McBrad is glad you resisted :o)

Labels