Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Incredible...

Just one of those things
When everything goes incredible
And all is beautiful
(Can’t get my head around, I need to think about it)
And one of those things
That used to get you down
Now have no effect at all
Cause life is beautiful
(Can’t get my head around it, I need to think about it)

Yes my dear readers, not only has Monty purchased Madge's latest album, Hard Candy (and is LOVING IT), but the words of "Incredible" are just about PERFECT in describing how I am feeling at the moment!

WARNING: The following paragraphs contain copious amounts of mushy stuff, so if you feel even slightly nauseous at me rambling on about how wonderful McBrad is, then please stop reading immediately!

Where do I start? I'm practically living at McBrad's - I spent 2 nights at home last week, the rest of the time at his. Went straight to his place after work Friday night as we were going to a birthday party of one of his friends'. That was a bit nerve-wracking, meeting his friends, but they were all very nice and friendly so it was a good evening. Saturday, we went shopping - McBrad recently purchased his house and so was needing a few bits and pieces of DIY hardware, so we hit Bunnings in a big way (along with most of the lesbian population of Sydney so it seemed)! And then, off to the Moore Park SuperCentre to have a look for a TV stand and some shelves - quite sucessful shopping. It was a quiet evening in on Saturday night, me snuggling with him watching a DVD - just my favourite pasttime at the moment! Sunday, we got to work on all the DIY projects - thankfully, being an Ikea aficionado from way back, I'm an expert at assembling flatpacked furniture and so whipped up the shelves in no time! After lunch, I went home as I really needed to do some washing and cleaning and needed to buy some groceries. I had planned on spending the night at home however he rang me while I was at Woolies and asked if I wanted to go over...don't you just love a man who can't get enough of you!!! As I was in grocery shopping mode, I suggested I make dinner, to which he agreed.

The weird thing was, the minute I arrived back at his place, I started feeling rather ill. Not sure why - I still don't understand and can't work out why - but by the time I served dinner, I was really not feeling like it. I forced a couple of mouthfuls down but then just raced to the loo and chucked the lot up! I felt like crap!!! But, McBrad, the gorgeous man that he is, was soooo lovely and caring. He suggested we watch one of my favourite movies - Moulin Rouge - which was very sweet of him and so that's what we did. And you know, no matter how awful I was feeling, being there in his arms whilst watching the movie was just the best! And even in bed, he was very considerate - I was going hot and cold and so when I was hot, I'd have half of me hanging out from underneath the covers over one side of the bed, but then when I was cold, I'd roll into the middle and he'd wrap his arms around me and snuggle close to warm me up. What a honey! What a man! What a boyfriend!!!

He let me sleep in yesterday and went to the gym - he was working from home yesterday - and so brought me some breakfast and coffee at about 11am. Was just what I needed...there is nothing better when you're feeling like death warmed up to have someone so wonderful looking after you!

OK, so I'm better now. Had lots of sleep yesterday and had a quiet night at home last night and slept all the way through. Missed him being next to me however. BUT, spending the rest of the week with my gorgeous man so I can't wait! I cannot believe how good this is feeling - everything feels right. It's amazing, everyone told me that "when it happens, you'll just know it" and "it'll happen when you least expect it" and you know what - they were all right!!! At the time, I wasn't particularly impressed with their advice, but in hindsight, they were smack bang on the mark! In fact, Bruce (with whom I've kept in contact) emailed me on Friday and said "Is it about now that we can all say, ‘told you so’ about waiting for the right one….?" and I had to reply "Yeah yeah yeah...enough of your smug comments!" - I could just see him smirking! But it's true! BLISSSSSSSSSSSSS...!!!

7 comments:

Single Guy said...

Good for ya Monty! Enjoy your boi:)

Adaptive Radiation said...

Yay!!! Much prefer reading happy blog entries!

Sh@ney said...

Yeeeeahah! Monty is smitten!!
Maybe it was delayed love sickness, while you were shopping alone...:P

That is soooooooooooooooooo awesome, the whole shee-bang!

2 Thumbs up & If I had a 3rd it would be up too!

xox

T said...

yes well it is the time of year for fluey bugs. Get well soon :)

and yes despite pretending that a drama filled life is more interesting to read I am truly delighted you are so blissfully happy. HUGE CHEERS FOR MONTY

Poobaba said...

I'm so happy things are going so great with McBrad. The big journey is just begining, so buckle up for the ride of your life. Nx

Cahill's Rest said...

Well u know ur in love when u start quoting Madge lyrics. Congrats Mont. I don't think I've ever got that far....have always too busying checking the time and doing my hair.

Monty said...

Thanks guys! I'm in a very happy place at the moment!!! :-)

Labels