Monday, May 26, 2008

Up, Up and Away...

It's Monday morning and guess where Monty is...? Here at home! 'Why', you may think to yourself, 'is Monty at home on a work day?' Well, silly story really. I had a couple of boxes of wine delivered to my work on Friday and so went in yesterday lunchtime to collect them. I was carrying the two boxes (which are rather heavy) across the street to my car when I stepped off the curb and twisted my ankle. It hurt like HELL and I nearly blacked out with the pain, but thankfully, my good sense came to the fore and I recovered and was able to save the wine! But it was a painful journey with the two cases back to my car.

Got up this morning and my ankle had blown up several sizes - in fact, it looked more like a "cankle"! eek! Made it very gingerly and very very slowly down the stairs at McBrad's - he, being a Registered Nurse (albeit, non-practising), had a look and suggested I spend the day off my feet, with my leg up. He even thought it may be a good idea to have it x-ray'ed, just in case I've chipped a bone.

So, I came home, rang in sick, and am now happily ensconced at home, Sex and The City on DVD, feet up!

Anyway, I digress. McBrad has been wanting to got back to Scotland in July - both to see his family (all his family still live there) and to attend one of his best friends' 40th birthday. He actually priced the flights on Saturday - $3500 with Emirates! OUCH! Travelling in the northern summer aint cheap!!! Well, we got chatting about it over the weekend and whether I would like to come. I definitely would LOVE to, let me hasten to add, but this year had been the year I decided to actually SAVE some funds instead of blowing it all on overseas travel.

Too late for that - one overseas trip under the belt so far this year (Thailand) and now I'm seriously thinking about accompanying my gorgeous boyfriend to the UK in July! Eeek! And so, this morning, with spare time on my hands, I've been hitting the internet. Virgin Atlantic - $3500 as well. Thought I'd give Singapore Airlines a whirl. Guess what? $2800 return AND of course, it's flying the fabulous A380. The appeal for McBrad with Emirates is that they can fly into London and depart from Glasgow. Singapore only fly in and out of London. So, digit to QWERTY, I went a-hunting. Turns out BMI fly to Glasgow from LHR return for about GBP83. How good is that! The entire flight part for less than $3,000! Bargain. Accommodation would be virtually NIL - between McBrad's friends/family and my friends/family, it's pretty much sown up. It'd just be spending money on top of that...a relatively inexpensive holiday.

And of course, this has got me really really wanting to go. I'd get a chance to see my brother Mark and his boyfriend Sim which would be great. Yes, I did see them in April in Phuket and will be seeing them at Christmas (they're flying to Sydney for xmas/NYE this year) but they're all the family that I have at the moment (well, that's speaking to me anyway). AND I'd get a chance to catch up with my favourite London bloggers as well!!! Yes, that's right - all you London bloggers (and that includes you retired bloggers too) - roll out the red carpet - Monty could be in a hemisphere near you very soon. I'll also be able to catch up with my lovely friend EIB who's in the process of moving from Budapest to London over the summer.

AND of course, I'll be able to introduce the very HOT McBrad to everyone!

Unfortunately, it'll only be a fairly quick trip - thinking of departing Sydney 11 July and returning 29th - so just over two weeks! Not half long enough, but that's all the time he can take off.

So, watch this space kids...

9 comments:

yani said...

I feel your limb twisting pain my brother... ;)

Hopefully it comes good with all haste!

Darth Gateau said...

Yay! You're coming to visit?! It's a good job it's in July. After then, You'll have to catch me somewhere else entirely...

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Another visit from the Monty!

(I'd check out BA for the Glasgow hop too, often not much difference in price but a little more pleasant.)

GB said...

Well indeed Monty, hope to catch up with you for a 'warm beer' in July LOL!

Take care, GB xxx

Muzbot said...

And as we discovered today Monty, we miss each other in London by a day. We should confer earlier in future.

Monty said...

Yani, ankle much better now thanks.
DG - where are you moving to??? Is this going to be a blogging post for us all???
Dan - thanks for the suggestion...BA were about GBP10 more but it sounds much better!
GB - will email you once all the plans finalised to arrange our beer
Muz - I know! Shocking planning! Well, at least we'll keep DG run off his feet! :-)

Darth Gateau said...

It will be a blogging post (hopefully) in a few weeks.

Sh@ney said...

Hope you get to go, sounds like an amazing adventure & your first big trip with your man.

You have a gay Brother?

Where have I been?

LOL

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Gosh you do get around don't you?

I'm glad for one.

Maybe it'll be a good opportunity to intro our respective 'plus 1s'.

Labels