Tuesday, October 23, 2007

One year on...

Yep, that's right folks...it's my bloggiversary! Exactly one year ago, in a hotel in Bratislava, I wrote my first ever post on this blog! And what a year it's been! When I was contemplating this particular post, I had originally thought I could do a bit of a stats thing...how many guys I've dated in the past year, how many different guys I've shagged...that kinda thing. But then when I counted them, I realised that despite my very conservative upbringing and life until last year, I've been quite the slut! I actually shocked myself! And so, I decided not to post the numbers lest you, my dear readers, become so appalled that you all stop reading! :-)

But there have been some great things happen over the past year, things for which I am deeply grateful for. Foremost is all the friends I have made. My lovely friend Englishman in Budapest, my dear sweet Evan and his wonderful boyfriend McDreamy, Muzbot who's undertaken a process of educating me in many things gay, DG, the first guy I ever met off Gaydar and now a good friend...in fact, there's probably too many to enumerate here, but suffice to say, it's been grand!

I remember when I was dating Bruce a couple of months ago, he asked me if I was happy. At that time, I kinda hesitated and then answered him in the affirmative, but seriously, I hadn't really thought about it properly. This holiday, coming as it has, exactly one year after my last one (Monty's Shagging Tour of Europe), has been a good opportunity for me to get "out of my life" and look at it with a degree of objectivity. I've been going through a whole bunch of 1 yr anniversaries over the past few weeks, and I've been thinking back to who I was at this time last year, the things I've done, the people I've met, the experiences I've had, and when it all comes out in the wash, YES, I am happy! It's been a topsy turvy year, no question about that, and there's been some good stuff and bad stuff happen, but I know that coming out has been the single most impactful thing that I've done in my life and it's the thing that's finally allowed me to be really me! And really, that's all we can ask for isn't it. I actually quite like who I am, and am gathering a great circle of friends around me who are becoming my "family" and hopefully in time, my real family will come to accept me for who I am too. Yes, I'd like a man, I think that's glaringly obvious to anyone who's read this blog for more than a week, but that's only going to enhance my happiness, not bring me happiness. Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

I've also been thinking about blogging as well. It's been a great outlet for me...for when I've been confused, or a bit down, or when I've been gloriously giddy...and your comments have all been very much appreciated! I've got a readership drawn from Australia (of course), New Zealand, USA, mainland Europe and the UK, and I've managed to meet quite a few of you. And I'm still meeting more - in fact, I'm about to go and meet up with Soul Seared Dreamer today and Tequilla Mockingbird next week. And so it continues!

This is a bit of a ramble, but hey, it's my 1st blogging birthday, so I figure it's allowed! Thanks to all of you for the part you've played over the past year!

Monty! xxx

10 comments:

kevin said...

Happy Bloggiversary from here in New Zealand. May you have an extremely successful happy blog year number two. I will of course carry on reading

I hope you are still loving London and that the beautiful weather is still holding up. Have lots and lots of fun. Keep checking out the eye candy for me bro.

Kev in NZ

Campbell said...

Happy bloggiversary Monty! You've had a big year. Hear's to the next one being just as exciting and fun, and with even more of what you want.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Is this going to be an annual event?

Darth Gateau said...

Happy Blogday!

Single Guy said...

Congrats mate! Hope that you blog for many more years! Have fun.

Phil said...

Happy Bloggiversary Monty! I always enjoy reading your blog, and appreciate your comments on mine. Keep up the good work :-)

Phil

T said...

yes Monty : very Happy Blogday ! So greatr that you are comfortable being you at last. xxx :)

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Happy Bloggiversary Monty! Looking forward to loads more years.

It was a pleasure meeting you today.. and just for the record you are as dashingly handsome as I had imagined you'd be.. so much so that that guy and woman kept staring at you ;o)

I was slightly disappointed with the accent though :o(

Monty said...

Thanks guys...very kind of you to say so! And SSD, you flirt you! It was great to meet you to...had a smashing day!!!

Peter said...

Happy Bloggiversary Monty! You've grown in that 1 year, hope to read more in the future...

Muzbot said...

Happy blogiversary Monty. Keep 'em coming. :)

Labels