Wednesday, October 03, 2007

One more sleep to go...

Well, it's less than 24 hrs now...I've done my online check in at Virgin Atlantic, I've mostly packed my bag, I've hopefully remembered everything that I'll need. Over the past few days, I've made my farewells to my friends...usually over some kind of beverage. So, tomorrow morning, I'm getting up, having a shower and jumping on the train to the airport! I can hardly contain my excitement! Wahoooooooo!

It's been a busy few days, but also a relaxing few days. It was the BEST feeling on Monday knowing that I didn't have to go to work the next day (Monday was a public holiday)! And yesterday, I did have it pretty easy...did a bit of stuff around home, had a massage and then caught up with my mate Muzbot for a few beers in the sun at the Commodore. Apart from his company, which is always excellent, there were quite a few tradies with shirts off, or singlets, strolling or driving past which proved somewhat of a distraction for both of us. Even a few of our fellow drinkers were quite easy on the eye. So it was a pleasant 3 hrs or so for us!

But I must say, I'm going to miss the delightful warm weather that we've been enjoying over the past week or so. It's just been glorious, and walking around today was even a tad hot! I could've killed to go to the beach, but alas, had things to do, people to see, places to go. And so, up I got at, wait for it, 7am! Yes, you read it correctly, Monty, on holidays, got out of bed at 7am! This is somewhat of a first for me, I must admit, but I knew I needed to use all the hours of the day to complete what I had to complete. And complete I did! And hey, one early morning in 6 weeks...pffft! There's still 40 odd sleep-ins ahead of me!!!

Anyway, I'm signing off for the moment...will try and keep you, my dear readers, updated as frequently as possible. Watch this space for "Monty on Tour...!"

4 comments:

Englishman in London said...

Hey you,

Hope you have a safe and pleasant journey to Blighty. Weather hasn't been too bad there.

See you in a few days in Cairo. Did I send you the hotel details? Yes I did ... brain cabbaged here.

Hugs and enjoy London

Peter said...

Have a great time in the 'Old World'...

Phil said...

Have a great time Monty! Please keep us posted :-)

Darth Gateau said...

we've booked some dry weather for your visit but the supplier has let us down before. Bring wellies.

I hope you're treated well on Virgin and that you get to flirt outrageously with cute cabin crew...

Labels