Monday, October 01, 2007

Long weekends...

Don't you just love long weekends? This one has been particularly good for me, as it's a 6 week long weekend but for most folk here in the Emerald City, it's a 3 day weekend thanks to Labour Day or something! Just having that one extra day feels so good! I'm afraid I consumed wayyyy too much alcohol over the course of this weekend, so today is my dry out day!

Had some friends over last night which was lovely; good to catch up before I choof off for 6 weeks. When they had all gone home (with the exception of Evan and McDreamy), I was still in a bit of a party mood. So, bless them, they took me out on Oxford St and we had a bit of a dance! It was a fabulous feeling I must say. I was only a little tipsy at this stage, and the three of us were on the dance floor full of guys, Go West (PSB) was blaring out and I suddenly had this realisation that exactly one year ago, I had come out to my brother Mark in London! I regard telling him as my official "coming out" date and so, here on my first anniversary, I was dancing with my two wonderful friends Evan and McDreamy in a gay club in Sydney and loving every minute of it! It's difficult to describe here, but it just felt really right. I feel like I have finally found my place in this world and despite the traumas of the past year, I have no regrets in completely turning my life upside down and coming out.

2 comments:

Canberrabiker said...

yep, it's been a nice relaxing long weekend - but sounds like yours was a bit more fun-filled than mine !

Have a great trip OS too !!

Single Guy said...

Good for ya! Happy anniversary! Thanks for a lovely soiree and great food and company. Have a wonderful time and enjoy your trip:) I look forward to reading about your awsome adventures!

Labels