Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Gay Ol' Time in London Town...

Well, my weekend turned out pretty damn well exactly as I hoped it might! Wahooooo! Monty got his shag...or two...!

My brother and his boyfriend flew over to Berlin for Carter's birthday so I had the place to myself all weekend! And so, I invited last Sunday's date, Ewen, over for dinner and a sleepover. I made a rather delish dinner for him, had the candles going, mood set! And it went off rather well. He's a great snuggler and being a couple of inches shorter than me, he fitted in against me quite nicely when we were spooning. A really sweet guy, with whom I'll definitely be keeping in contact with.

Saturday dawned and once I kicked Ewen out, I cleaned up and then did a quick bus trip to Fulham Broadway for some sundry shopping and then home again...it was a grey ol' day and so not a particularly good day to be a tourist. So, I spent the arvo watching the rest of SATC Series Four. Had a snooze (well, it was a very tiring day) and then after dinner, headed into Soho and met up with Dan from Wordage (formerly known as Dan in Melbourne) and his brand spanking new husband Steven. I had orginally met them at the Sydney Bloggers Meet in July when they were in Australia on holidays so it was great to catch up with them - they were just returned from their honeymoon and it's sooo nice to see gay married couples! The UK is so forward thinking in that respect...unlike Australia at the moment. Anyway, Soul Seared Dreamer turned up a little bit later, and then a few more of Dan and Steven's friends. We ended up at a club called Ghetto which I had never heard of and had a great time! I consumed waaaaaay too many Strongbows that night but I did meet a rather dishy Englishman called Richard with a magnificent furrrry chest and so snogged him at length before inviting him home! God I'm such a slut sometimes! Caught sight of SSD entwined with some blonde giant so I was glad that the two singles out that night (namely us two) managed to find ourselves a man each! Being rather pissed, and rather horny, I left without saying goodbye to any of the guys...which I felt very bad about the next day! Sorry Dan and Steven! But spent the night in Richards arms, my head on his lovely chest so it was a very very very good night! We woke up around 11am when my phone beeped at me (text received) - it was my Sunday lunch date (oh yes, it was a busy weekend I had planned for myself)...CRAP! I texted him back and asked if we could meet for a late lunch...and then remembered that thanks to the ending of Daylight Savings here in the UK, I had a whole extra hour! Thank goodness. Richard left and I went straight back to bed for another 2 hrs! Woke up, bathed and dressed, and into Soho to meet up with Laurent, a Frenchman working in the French embassy here in London. I had been chatting to him on Gaydar since getting back from Cairo and Sunday lunch was about the only time that we could align our schedules. Turns out, he's lovely too! We had lunch and then spent the afternoon wandering the wet streets of London, quite randomly, and then, when the rain got too heavy, we popped into the National Portrait Gallery - a very interesting place...and warm...and dry...and FREE! He had arranged to meet a friend at 5pm, so we parted ways but I'm planning on meeting up with him (I hope) when I return from Paris. If I can squeeze him in somewhere!

I found an Internet cafe nearby and so logged on for the first time in about 4 days, caught up with some blogs, email, Facebook...you know, the usual stuff. And then, it was off to meet yet another London blogger, Nick from Poobaba! And yet another great guy! He married his boyfriend in July and they've just bought themselves a house which is sweet. He is so easy to talk to, and has a very interesting job! So, a couple of shandies later, he had to go...he'd been at work all day so it was actually really nice of him that he was even willing to meet up with me at all. Once he left, I quickly finished my drink and choofed off home, where I needed to tidy up big time!

Today, it dawned just a little bit overcast however quickly cleared and so I caught the train to Windsor and spent the afternoon going through Windsor Castle! What a place! Very cool indeed! Got some fabulous pics too! Really enjoyed my day there!

So, it's been a big weekend...a couple of shags, a bunch of bloggers, a French date, and a castle! A fantastic final weekend in London I must say, and I also have to say a BIG THANK YOU to Dan and Steven, SSD and Nick for their part in making it so! I think I have now met all the London bloggers that I reguarly read which is awesome! And tomorrow night looks like it's going to be another bloggers meet, albeit less alcoholic than last time. Wednesday, I'm off to Paris...ahhhh Gay Paris! Weeeeee!

7 comments:

Phil said...

Sounds like you had rather a fun w/end ;-) Enjoy Paris!

Superchilled said...

You have been getting around haven't you!? Sounds like you've had a great end to your break. Good to hear. It's great catching up with like minded people. Hope the holiday feel continues with you well after it ends.

Dan in Melbourne said...

You're welcome! Glad you had a good weekend, have fun in Paris!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

You tart ;o)

Glad you had a shaggadelic weekend.. and Richard was dishy.. a HOTTIE.

I forgive you for disappearing on us..

Have fun in Paree

kevin said...

Have a great time in gay Paris. Oh la la la.

Kev in NZ

Darth Gateau said...

hey you! Sorry we couldn't meet in Paris. I was super hungover anyway so you'd have had to do all the talking whilst I struggled to to string a sentence together!

Brechi said...

We'll look forward to hearing your Parisian adventures...

Labels