Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Mug Shot...

OK, here's the latest "official" pic - our work decided that, befitting our status as the Private Banking division of our Bank, we needed professional photos done for our profiles. And so here it is. It's a bit nerdy and plastic, but it does show how dark my hair is now!

Anyway, thought I'd share that. LOL

Not really much to report back on - had a lovely weekend with McBrad. We went out to dinner with his niece and her husband on Friday night - great restaurant, good company. They seemed to like me which was good - hopefully they'll report nice things back home. Saturday night, we went out to dinner with 2 couples who are friends of mine (as well as former clients). McBrad wasn't overly enthusiastic about going - he thought we'd be talking banking all evening - but ended up having a lovely time and actually invited them over for dinner on a yet-to-be-determined date. So that went off very well indeed!

Sunday night, we stayed in, snuggled and watched a movie - the 4th Harry Potter movie. These were the movies that he used initially to guarantee me 4 dates - well, that's all history now! :-) It felt like our relationship went up a notch this weekend, that it deepened in its intensity and level of trust. I was just talking to my mate Dan this morning and I commented that I assumed that the longer we went out and the more we saw of each other, the more I would need "Monty time"; that I would appreciate nights at home (my home) alone. But as I sat there at home last night, all I wanted was to jump in my car and go over to his place. It seems to me that the more I see of him, the more I want to see him! I love his little text messages he sends me each morning, the wicked gleam he gets in his eye, the fact that he can't stop snogging me, holding his hand as we walk down the street, the list goes on and on. But enough about that!

After receiving my 42 inch plasma TV about 4 weeks ago, I finally got around to taking the thing out of the box on the weekend! It's HUGE!!! And it's AWESOME! The picture quality is sensational - I'm now getting HDTV instead of the old analogue stuff - and the sound is very good! Watching DVD's is going to be excellent fun - think I might have to organize some kind of DVD night at my place!

Otherwise, no other news to report. It's a gray day here in the Emerald City, cold and rainy. Thankfully, I'm staying at McBrad's tonight so it'll be perfect weather to snuggle with him.

11 comments:

James said...

You look v. corporate. Nice pic. Better than mine which looks a bit spaced out. I might share. And better than my passport pic which I am just about to use, reluctantly!

Superchilled said...

It looks like we should be reading an editorial, or an annual report or something. A good photo. Glad things are working well for you. It sounds like the pieces of the puzzle are all falling together, and the picture a great one.

Sh@ney said...

Ahhh the pic is gorgeous...And not plastic, it is you!

Our HUGE TV is out of order still, the lamp blew a few months ago and for $350, we can wait awhile. Mmm it is rear projection & costly it seems. But you will love the big screen deal when it comes to movies. There really is nothing like having your own mini cinematic experience from home.

Congrats on the 2 months together babe. Nate & I are 8 months today. Though I fear he may be away for our 1 year together. He may have to go to the Netherlands with work in October.

Guess I will be celebrating solo!

Adaptive Radiation said...

Nice mug shot. Managed to avoid getting mine taken and its now been 2.5 years siince I started my job here in Melbourne.

Enjoy the snuggles ; )

Ad Rad

T said...

You took 4 weeks to get the TV out of the box !!!!!!!

You must be in love for you to have waited that long.

Gee I hope being in love is not affecting your work ! Nic epic tho :)

Victor said...

You looked sexier in your London pic!

I'm with Tom Cat. It must be love for you to leave your new TV in the box for that long.

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

You look far too corporate accountant.. not liking the look. But you look good nonetheless.

I think its better suited as passport pix.

I do however think your work pix miles better than mine.

Monty said...

Guys, thanks for the feedback. The intention is that the pic looks corporate rather than sexy - clients react better that way! LOL

Sh@ney said...

Oh well then corporate & sexy! *winks* hey you know there are guys out there that have a fetish for a well dressed man you cant blame them for it...:P

Tom said...

Did you crop out the bit where you are holding the board with your prisoner number?

LOL, no just joking, it's a good photo!

I echo Tom Cat on the television though. Madness - I'd have had it out of the box and set up quicker than you could undress McBrad. :)

IAN said...

What a handsome fellow! Looks very much in love too! : )

Labels