Thursday, June 05, 2008

Up up and (not so far) away...


I'm sorry to disappoint my legion of British readers...well, OK, all three of you...but the July trip to the UK has been postponed until further notice. McBrad recently received a promotion at work and because he's in a new position, can't take the time off to go overseas. So, we've had to content ourselves with just a short week-long holiday next month. I've been busy trawling the net and we think we've found the perfect spot. Port Douglas in Far North Queensland. In July, FNQ is gorgeous - warm, sunny and dry during the day, with lovely mild evenings. Perfect for lazing by the pool or for long, sunset walks along the beach (ok, you can start gagging now). I have found this lovely little resort which is about 10 mins south of Port Douglas which has its own private beach surrounded by rainforest - looks wonderful. So that's now the plan.

One good piece of news I have received is that Mark, my brother, is actually coming to Sydney in July! He had some excess leave up his sleeve and, thanks to him being the "travel buddy" to his best friend who works for Qantas, has access to very cheap flights. So he's out here for about 10 days. Now that we're not going to London, it has worked out exceptionally well that Mark is coming here, so I'll still be able to introduce McBrad to him.

All is well otherwise here in the Emerald City - it's still grey and rainy but on the upside, I'm back at McBrad's tonight and for the rest of the week, so I'll be snuggling my socks off over the next few days. AND it's a long weekend here - thanks to Her Maj - yep, that's right, Queens Birthday weekend! Wahoooo!

6 comments:

Tom said...

Well, a choice between the UK and FNQ I know where I'd go! Not many tropical beaches in London! And wasn't the main reason for the UK trip to get your fix of pommies which is irrelevant now you've snared McBrad!

Have fun!

Cahill's Rest said...

ah.....Port Douglas is my favourite part of the world....oh to be there with this weather! I went there in August of last year. Definitely would like to get up there again for a few days this year!

Darth Gateau said...

it's a shame you're not coming to visit. I'm departing the Big Smoke (and UK) in August. There'll be a post to explain but nmeed to sort some final details first.

T said...

well given you had intended to save some $$$ this year and the UK trip was blowing that ideal away then it may have all turned out for the financial best too !

GB said...

Sorry to hear you're not coming to London now Monty but hope you enjoy your hols anyway!

Take care, GB xxx

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

:o(

But glad you'll still get to intro McBrad to Mark.

Labels