Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weekend...

Well, despite the cause of Global Warming being significantly set back thanks to the hot air released late last week at the opening of the Apple Store here in Sydney, the weather has actually cooled down nicely. Bright sunny days, cool and crisp at night - as one of my English clients said, a perfect English summer!

And it was lovley over the weekend too. McBrad and I went out for a quiet dinner on Friday night at "Strangers With Candy" and it was very good. (and yes, that IS the name of a restaurant, believe it or not) We walked home afterward, popped a DVD on and snuggled on the couch. And I promptly fell asleep in his arms. How blissful is that!!!

Saturday night, we had arranged for a bunch of friends to go out for dinner - I had 4 of mine, he had 4 of his so it was a meeting of the friends to a degree as well. Great food, good company...and we ended up at Palms dancing the night away! Haven't been to Palms (or indeed out on Oxford St) for about 2 months so it was great to get out and have a boogie! But I do have to say, it's very different going out dancing when you're single to when you're in a relationship. My mate Dan, with whom I spent many a night at Palms dancing up a storm, asked me if I had seen George, a guy who he has the hots for, there that night. And you know what, I hardly even registered any other guys faces...I was there with my extremely HOT boyfriend and my friends and so didn't look at any other guys. Whereas, normally, I'd have checked out every single guy there!!! Ahhhh, aint love grand!

And can you believe, we hit the 3 month anniversary (though, technically speaking, it can't be called an "anniversary" because the word itself necessitates a yearly calculation) this coming Sunday! How crazy is that! It feels like it's been 3 years in some ways, and 3 weeks in others! The one thing I know is that I'm in love with the most gorgeous guy on the planet, notwithstanding the fact that all you married guys out there think that your guy owns that title.

And I know, you're all thinking, 'Oh god, we're back to more sappy happy pap about McBrad' BUT I think I did quite well last week in posting several articles that didn't include him at all!!! :-)

9 comments:

Peter said...

Happy Quarterversary B. Every day counts!

Mike said...

Three months already? It's flown by. We want to read more happy-sappy stuff! All the best to you both.

Darwin said...

Hey monts, thanks for you comments as well - so glad that things are going well for you with McHotty...

kevin said...

Wow, things have definitely been going on while i've been away!

Glad to see you happy tiger.

Kev in NZ

Darth Gateau said...

bless. you soppy old thing

Seksualiteit said...

Congratulations.

And, even as a single guy looking for Mr. Right, I do enjoy reading about how things are going with you and McBrad.

Adaptive Radiation said...

Some of my gay friends would suggest that one month is equivalent to one gay year. In any case, My partner and I still celebrate monthly anniversaries (any excuse for a celebration really). Congrats.

Ad Rad.

IAN said...

Gawd, you're still talking 'bout that Apple store! Hehehe

In all seriousness, all the best for the weekend coming! : )

Sh@ney said...

Congrats on the 3 months Monty! I know what you mean about how long it feels. Nate & I hit 9 months on July 4. But is seems like a lifetime already in a good way of course.

I enjoyed Oxford Street the two nights we went out while in Sydney, though we found it somewhat overwhelming too. It is not like the pubs here...LOL

But then Nate & I don't go out anymore. Not to gay venues!

Labels