Friday, June 13, 2008

Metamorphosis...

I was playing my favourite band Pet Shop Boys' album Bilingual the other night in my car on the way to McBrad's place and I heard the following words in "Metamorphosis" and they resonated with me big time!!!

Dreaming is easy life is tough I got the picture
The most important thing is not to end up bitter
'cause when you start to feel increasingly forlorner
woomph! love comes right around the corner
It may not last but here am I
once a caterpillar now a butterfly
It can seem strange but when you reminisce
It's all about change It's a metamorphosis

Obviously, my life over the past couple of years (since coming out) has certainly been about change, a metamorphosis if you will. But the thing that really clicked with me was the first bit - particularly given the events of 2008. Early January, I was ranting quite a bit - I was just a touch "bitter" and getting "increasingly forlorner" about my single status. But yes, "woomph! Love came, right around the corner" for me in the form of my gorgeous McBrad. Dunno what it is, but PSB once again, provide the soundtrack to my life.

In other topics, Wednesday night was just a marvellous night! I was sick with a cold, but it was State of Origin game II (Rugby League) and nothing was going to stop me from enjoying it. McBrad isn't the biggest fan of sport and the thought of sitting in a pub, watching two teams that he doesn't have any allegiance to, play a game that he has no interest in, really didn't float his boat. But, (and this is why I love him so much) knowing how much it meant to me, he came along. And saw a different side to me - the butch, footy watching, yelling-at-the-TV Monty! (yes, seriously) It was a SENSATIONAL win for Queensland - 30 to NIL - and so I was one extremely happy chap! I'm actually going to the decider here in Sydney in 3 weeks time - will be watching in the lap of luxury from our Private Suite - and now cannot wait!!!

But what really made my night was the fact that McBrad was willing to put himself out for me like that. He's just a gorgeous man, and I still can't believe how lucky I am!

2 comments:

Peter said...

He's the O.N.E.

Love is giving, giving and taking... did I mention giving???

Adaptive Radiation said...

Hey Monty,

Having just read your comment on my blog about footy players, I now have a better insight of why you like rugby as much as you do (and here I was thinking it was because you liked the sport).

But it's so true...I managed to borrow some bincoculars for my last AFL game at the MCG and it was much more fun for me ; )

Ad rad

Labels