Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm loving this at the moment...

  • Woke up at 6.30am this morning - thanks to my alarm - but really did not want to get out of the lovely warm bed with the deliciously warm McBrad. So we snoozed for another 20 mins or so and then I thought 'I have to get out of bed or I'll be late for work'. So I sat up in bed, tucked the doona ('duvet' for the Kiwis/Poms reading this) around McBrad and tried to motivate myself to actually leave the bed. McBrad rolled over, opened his arms toward me, and I couldn't resist. I slid back beneath the covers and snuggled in his arms for another 10 mins. BLISSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
  • A couple of my formerly-retired bloggers have just started blogging again! Yay! Mike has new adventures to report with his new little puppy Munson, and the author of the most hilarious blog post I have ever read, Tequilla Mockingbird, has also resurrected his blog! Wahooooo!
  • The weather at the moment is spectacular - gorgeous duck-egg blue skies, buckets of sunshine, the air so crisp and clear, a lovely 19 - 20 degrees (Celcius) during the day.
  • Cake...well, cupcakes to be specific. There's a little cupcake shop just underneath Ivy on George St which makes the BEST cupcakes. We've been popping down and putting a dozen on the corporate card and having them for morning tea at work. YUMMMMO!

9 comments:

Tom said...

Mmmmm.... cake!

Huh? Where? LOL.

IAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IAN said...

And they are called comforters in the States!

Tom said...

So... did you manage a spot of Johnnie Hunting this arvo? Tell all!

@ Ian... that's good to know. I've seen people refer to comforters and never quite known what they were talking about!

Darth Gateau said...

cake? Hold on... isn't thay my thing?

kevin said...

I hope you're snuggled back under that doona by now with McBrad. Im not sure what was going on under it but im sure we're all wanting to hear......IN DETAIL!

You aussies have funny words!

Kev in NZ

Anonymous said...

CAKE! Cupcakes! I want cake now! :)

In canada their is a difference between a comforter and duvet/doona. I'm a duvet person myself. I don't find comforters warm enough for me, specially in the cold Canadian winters, or the freaking oddly cold Aussie one I'm dealing with now. Yet one more thing not mentioned on the brochures... Don't get me started with the drop bears!

Adaptive Radiation said...

Ahhh Monty...domestic bliss.

Monty said...

@ Ian - my comforter is called McBrad! LOL

@ DG - not trying to usurp your Cake thing - we were just talking all afternoon about cakes and it got me hungry! :-)

@ Kev - you Kiwi's have funny accents! LOL

@ Johnnie - cold winters here??? Are you kidding??? It's beautiful and balmy! You're from Canaydia for cry out loud - home of the -50 degree C weather!

@ Ad Rad - ahhh, yes, aint it marvellous!!! :-)

Labels