Sunday, July 22, 2007

Monty's Miscellaneous Musings...

Lots of little stuff really, nothing of any dramatic importance, so don't get too excited.

I'm in a rather strange mood today...not sure why. I borrowed the Pet Shop Boys DVD Pop Art off McDreamy on Friday and seeing as how it was a bit cold and overcast this morning, watched 40 of their videos from their very first one (East End Girls) to their quite recent ones (London, Home and Dry etc). I'm not normally a guy who watches TV or DVD's during the day, I always feel like I'm wasting the day do so. However, today I made an exception for the Boys. They are an incredibly talented duo and all of their videos are such pieces of art! It's amazing how long they have been going for and the fact that they can still be relevant! The lyrics in some of the songs just get me - I love that when a song just speaks to you and so many of theirs do!

I also went on a date last night - a Californian guy (which we - Jacqui, James and myself - call C3. This distinguishes him from The Original Californian - The OC - and another Californian that I had a couple of dates with back in March - NewC). So I met C3 at the Newtown Hotel for a couple of drinks and I've not actually been to the Newtown on a Saturday night...they play sensational music...all very gay, very daggy, very awesome pop! Felt relaxed with him straight away and the conversation was very easy. Found a little pizza place and had dinner with a lovely bottle of Brown Brothers Tarango. Dessert...well, let's just say that we went back to his place and I was it! ;-) OK, OK, I know, how very slutty of me on a first date, but hey, it's been 3 whole weeks since my last shag...it was killing me! It was a lovely night and C3 is a really great guy. He wants to see me again, and I wouldn't mind seeing him either, so we'll probably go out next Saturday night. He's just texted me and told me to keep August 2 free. He then texted me to say "Hope you're not afraid of heights"...what the...? Now I'm intrigued! For the record, I'm not afraid of heights, but the mind boggles as to what he's got planned! Watch this space for the report!

It's funny, I've started dating again...much less intensely than I was over summer of course...but I'm feeling a bit ambivalent about it all. I had a date on Monday night with a cute redhead and I enjoyed it, he was a good conversationalist, works for my favourite store (David Jones') and seems like a genuine guy. But I'm like...pfft! Even with C3, although he's very eager to see me again, and I'd like to as well, I'm still not feeling the intensity that he is. I suppose over the last month or so, I've been focussed on my friends, in particular Evan, McDreamy and Muzbot (and James and Jacqui of course, see them every day at work) and on building and reinforcing our friendships. And so dating has certainly been taking a back seat - more just an add-on than a major part of my life. I suppose after the experiences of May/June, I've become a little bit more cautious about throwing myself into a romance, of opening myself up to a guy I've just met, and retreated, to a degree, to the safety of friends. At the moment, I'm finding it much more rewarding emotionally to be with my friends and I've certainly done some serious opening up to them, which has been wonderful. They've been incredibly understanding and also proved themselves invaluable sources of information and advice. I started coming out just on a year ago now, but in many ways still feel new at this. I'm very comfortable with being gay, let me hasten to add, but there's still so much stuff that I don't know and so sometimes I feel a little bit of an amateur. Dunno, I'm probably just waffling here. :-) Let's move on shall we...

At the moment, I'm just waiting for James and Jacqui to finish their lunch and hopefully motivate themselves to accompany me to the Coffee and Chocolate Festival at the Rocks. I think these are probably the only things capable of warming me up on a day like this. (Well, naturally, a HOT guy would do the trick quite satisfactorily)

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

7 comments:

Tom said...

Hope the aroma thing was good... went round to pick up the gang and it was 4.30 so we sat around and had our own chocolate and coffee festival in the end!

Monty said...

Yeah, well James and Jacqui couldn't get off their butts, so I had a beer and chips festival at home! lol

T said...

2 dates in 1 week = nice :) ... and keeping them in pesrpective is even nicer :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, fun dates! difficult to find the emotional connection? sex just after saying hello to a man! wanting more and wanting less? exploring, but mostly just finding more places to explore....

Sounds like a gay adolescence to me. A great fun time of adventure and exploration that i seem to keep returning to. Careful, its addictive... :D

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

C3 sounds great, you know you found a unique person with a text like that, you can expect him to be anything but boring ;o)

I'm just hoping C3 doesn't push you out of a plane without a parachute. Either way happy landing ;o)

Tales of the City said...

From zero to Hero.. Dating with Rocket Boosters on.. whats the catalyst?

Sh@ney said...

If it helps I have been out 4 years now & I am still learning about the NEW me!
Hope your date turns out to be something spectacular & someone special...hugs mate!

Labels